Llambrich drill chucks?

Apologies, you did ask for 3/4" capacity. What about Vertex 19BXH? Have a look:

I ordered a few times from Rotagrip and they are great. S&H is a bit more from the UK than US suppliers but they have better pricing on Vertex and normally you save on the VAT (UK is 20%).
The ball bearing Vertex is just a little cheaper than the Llambrich. Your link isn't working for me.

Here the vertex page I tried to link. The pricing I saw was around $100-135 without arbor or S&H.

Attachments

• C71-35.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
I'm adverse to buying used.
While I do understand, if the jaws aren't chipped or it wasn't used as a hammer or press arbor by the prior, good chucks are mostly rebuildable. The high quality brands are notably nicer to use than premium-hyped Chinese keyless. I have one of the latter in one-piece R8 and it's okay, but it's nowhere close in grip to the used Albrechts I've managed to muster. It's a backup.

Llambrichs are very high quality. I've used them for years now. Both keyed and keyless.

While I do understand, if the jaws aren't chipped or it wasn't used as a hammer or press arbor by the prior, good chucks are mostly rebuildable. The high quality brands are notably nicer to use than premium-hyped Chinese keyless. I have one of the latter in one-piece R8 and it's okay, but it's nowhere close in grip to the used Albrechts I've managed to muster. It's a backup.
My mill drill wears a 25 year old Albrecht 1/2" keyless. It's good but I much prefer my Precision Matthew's high precision keyless. It holds better and has the wrench holes to grip really well when necessary.

The 3/4" chuck I'm buying will only see occasional use for big drills. I have a Tegara 1/2" keyless for the lathe and an old beater on my drill press for now.

I've got almost every size of straight shank drill from 1/2" to 3/4". It would be nice to use them on my lathe and drill press without an er40 collet chuck.

Here is a plain bearing Llambrich .800 Max on Zoro for $115 and free shipping.
Use code WKB47A735Y9
I'm holding out for ball bearing. I doubt I'll ever buy another so I'm buying the best I can afford.

My mill drill wears a 25 year old Albrecht 1/2" keyless. It's good but I much prefer my Precision Matthew's high precision keyless. It holds better and has the wrench holes to grip really well when necessary.

That's just the thing- if'n you gotta use the wrench, then it's not really keyless, is it? That's what I don't like about my precision premium, it needs the durned wrench to hold as tight as the good chucks do by hand. What happens in between snug enough and seems tight has ruined enough drill shanks to drive me toward chuck snobbery.

That's just the thing- if'n you gotta use the wrench, then it's not really keyless, is it? That's what I don't like about my precision premium, it needs the durned wrench to hold as tight as the good chucks do by hand. What happens in between snug enough and seems tight has ruined enough drill shanks to drive me toward chuck snobbery.
You misunderstand. I only tighten it extra when I need to. I've drill thousands and thousands of holes without extra tightening. It holds much better than my Albrecht ever did with just a snug by hand.

I usually only tighten extra on tap shanks or bigger drills on tough materials.

If I have to use my Albrecht chuck on a smooth half inch shank or a tap, I will pull it out and use my Chinese keyed chuck. I still like it for most drilling jobs.

That LLAMBRICH Chuck I posted earlier is listed incorrectly on Ebay. The actual Ball Bearing chuck is over $300.

Back