Looking for a way to boost the Wi-Fi signal when using the RV

You guys up there in that beautiful state of Wisconsin have great home, land with barns and shop prices!
Your winters are a bit rough though.
My California born and raised brother lived in Sturgeon Bay for one year. He told his new bride, I'm moving back to California, you can come or stay, it makes no difference to me. Nice guy!
He said it got so cold he had to leave his tractor run at night. He was a long haul trucker.
I've been to many of the Northern states, Pa, Upstate NY, WV, VA, OH. Beautiful country!

I think your brother's a woos. Winters here in the last couple decades have been downright balmy compared to those of the previous century. We used to expect 2 to 3 weeks of -20* weather in January. It wasn't that great for stepping outside in your swim suit, but it did kill off many of the insects we now have to deal with. In the 1970's and 80's we shuddered every time the weatherman made a forecast for 4+ inches of snow. In most cases it was 4"+ 12" or more. In recent years the 4" is more like 1/4". Back in the day I literally wore out, rebuilt, and wore out again 2 snow blowers. I finally got rid of the worn out junk and purchased a new 14 hp tracked model in 2014. So far It's been used about 4 times a season, and more for blowing away the dust than moving any real accumulation.

My wife is a dyed in the wool Wisconsinite. She used to like to leave the bedroom window open for "fresh air" regardless of the temperature. You knew it was getting "cool" in the room when the 2 dogs got out of their beds and crawled under the covers with us. There were times when the glass of water on the night stand was a block of ice in the morning.

Winter ain't what it used to be. We used to set our beer in the snowbank and find it frozen solid in an hour. Now it's hard to find snow deep enough to cover the bottle, and it takes half a day to get it below room temperature. Around here real men wear shorts and T shirts year round. We only wear shoes and socks when we "get dressed to go out for dinner". That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!

Last edited:
DavidR8 my boat is a Gulfstar 37. I extended that transom 30". It is a very comfortable cruising boat.
Squaw Valley, for those of you who don't remember, the 1960 Olympics took place in the Snowy Sierra Mountains of California.
It snows but the cold is not the same as the mid west and we get wet heavy accumulations vs. dry powder snow.
I did live in Lake Tahoe for 5 years and loved to ski at Squaw.
Do I have my facts straight Mickri?
It is a beautiful place.

Oops, I quoted the wrong text.

I don't live at the ski resort. The town there is Olympic Valley. The community of Squaw Valley where I live is off Hwy 180 on the way to Kings Canyon National Park. 50 miles SE of Fresno and 35 miles NE of Visalia. It is a beautiful area in the foothills of the Sierras. Above the valley fog and below the snow describes the area. It used to be primarily two large cattle ranches. Sadly the draconian estate taxes of the 60's and 70's forced the families to sell their ranches to pay the taxes. A developer bought the ranches and subdivided the ranches into mostly five acre parcels.

I don't live at the ski resort. The town there is Olympic Valley. The community of Squaw Valley where I live is off Hwy 180 on the way to Kings Canyon National Park. 50 miles SE of Fresno and 35 miles NE of Visalia. It is a beautiful area in the foothills of the Sierras. Above the valley fog and below the snow describes the area. It used to be primarily two large cattle ranches. Sadly the draconian estate taxes of the 60's and 70's forced the families to sell their ranches to pay the taxes. A developer bought the ranches and subdivided the ranches into mostly five acre parcels.
Oh, don't I feel silly.
Sorry everyone.

Don't feel silly. You have lots of company. Unless the people are from the Fresno/Visalia area everyone I talk to thinks I live at the ski resort.

I love Maxum boats. You guys are in a different league though. I had a Celebrity 19' for running around the lakes in Northern WI.

We have a lot in common Dhal. RC stuff, boats, machining, beer, wine. You should move up here. The house right down the road from me is going to come up for sale. ;)

You might (might.....) get me to trade our careers and locations. I love my career but it isn't flying. Most of all though I love living in the south.

My California born and raised brother lived in Sturgeon Bay for one year. He told his new bride, I'm moving back to California, you can come or stay, it makes no difference to me. Nice guy!

Ok, no one else asked.... Did she stay or did she go?

Back