Lost another Daily Carry Knife.

After losing a bunch of pocket knives years ago, I vowed I would never carry one that cost me more than 5 bucks. I found an old Camillus electricians knife and carried it for years. Then one day I lost that one too and I said to heck with it, if I can't keep from losing it, I must not deserve to own one and I went without for a couple of years. Then one day, I was watching one of my favorite guys on YouTube, Paul Harrell. In that vid he was cooking something and needed a knife to open something. He reached in is pocket, pulled out a length of para-cord and swung his pocket knife out of his pocket like a yo-yo. A lanyard!!!! All I needed was about 24 inches, a couple lengths of heat-shrink and some kind of clasp. You can't lose something that looped on your belt. I have enough line I can work with it without unclasping it, and if I unclasp it, I keep it in my hand until I clasp it back up again. In celebration, I bought a SAK and made all the mods that Felix Imler shows on his vids. 2 years later, I still have it and wear it every day.

DSC00983.JPG

After losing a bunch of pocket knives years ago, I vowed I would never carry one that cost me more than 5 bucks. I found an old Camillus electricians knife and carried it for years. Then one day I lost that one too and I said to heck with it, if I can't keep from losing it, I must not deserve to own one and I went without for a couple of years. Then one day, I was watching one of my favorite guys on YouTube, Paul Harrell. In that vid he was cooking something and needed a knife to open something. He reached in is pocket, pulled out a length of para-cord and swung his pocket knife out of his pocket like a yo-yo. A lanyard!!!! All I needed was about 24 inches, a couple lengths of heat-shrink and some kind of clasp. You can't lose something that looped on your belt. I have enough line I can work with it without unclasping it, and if I unclasp it, I keep it in my hand until I clasp it back up again. In celebration, I bought a SAK and made all the mods that Felix Imler shows on his vids. 2 years later, I still have it and wear it every day.

I don't like being tethered. I like the freedom without. Not a bad idea.

Wife found one of my older carry knives that I retired because I didn't like it, I'm carrying that until I figure out my next carry knife.

Here are my daily carry knives. The first is my "Sunday go meeting" lockback, a 2" Schrade which replaced my Gerber of some 20+ years. The second is a 2" Guidesman lockback purchased when I lost my previous daily carry. It was under $10 and I figured that if/when I lost it, I wouldn't cru about it.
The last is a 2-1/2" folder which was free after a rebate. I bought two of them as the price was right. At that price, I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised to find a stainless steel blade that honed to a keen edge and stayed sharp. I like the larger blade and it has become my preferred carry for every day.
Pocket Knives 3.JPG

I am reading this thread for tips to help me hang on to my Montblanc pens.

Maybe 15 years ago a guy at a local flea market had a box of small Swiss Army knives that he got from TSA confiscations at airports. He was selling them for a buck each, so I bought 20. I put one on every key chain I have, and still have those, but I'm out of all the others. Come to think of it, I don't have any Montblanc pens left either. :)

Back