Lost another Daily Carry Knife.

Man I feel your pain. I lost a Gerber knife inherited from my father. Went to go use it clipped in my pocket and it wasn’t there. I backtracked my paces. Of course cut 3acres weedwacked all types of stuff. I found it a week later sitting next to a tree base. It must of fell off when cutting around the tree.
I was so angry when it was missing. My daily carry is a spyderco which I e been carrying for 25yrs. It was such a relief when I found it. I tightened up the clip it was alittle loose to my liking. Good luck on finding your knife!

"Man Jewelry", huh. Never heard it called that before. A pocket knife, now, been carrying one since I was about 8. I couldn't have it at school, but it went in my pocket as soon as I got home. A Barlow in those days, a Buck (110) later when I enlisted, then a Leatherman when I got older. And Leatherman showed up as a retail item.

A knife is as much a part of a man as his fingers. I don't carry one now, mostly because I'm always in PJs these days. But looking around me right now, there's a Buck pocket knife, a K-Bar pocket knife, a Leatherman, several X-Acto knives, and a Buck 110 in the middle drawer beside me. Then there are the countless blades out in the shop. A man without a knife is ready to go in the ground. And sheeple are afraid of a 1 inch blade, what's the world coming to. . .

Last edited:
Lol Bill! Sheeple?! I remember in basic training, we weren't allowed any knives. I broke off a piece of a metal clothes hanger, and used it to get my MREs open. I'd have starved without that little piece of wire! And probably been in serious trouble had it been discovered.
I don't have an EDC wire anymore. But I keep a knife of some type in every room, and every toolbox. It's the only way I can get by it seems. Trying to keep one in my pocket was an exercise in futility. I'm laying under machinery, climbing over things, hanging off stuff...almost every day now. Anything not clipped to me is liable to escape.

After watching many reruns of "Forged in Fire" I determined to own a Damascus knife. Found one I liked for well under a $100, bought it, carried it for a couple of years. Eventually, I used it for cutting a sapling maple tree. Suddenly the blade wobbled. It had never been really mounted in the bolsters, just pivoted on an internal pin. With regret I retired it. One day while browsing Farm and Fleet I found a blister-pak knife for $9.99. wood handle, shiny steel bolsters, just right. Turns out it's stamped Winchester. Great knife, it chops saplings like nobody's business. When I fly, I have another, similar, waiting for me at the other end of the flight.

I have quite a collection , but here are two that will never be out of the plastic . :encourage: They'll be passed down as they came from the Illion plant up near the camp .

Attachments

• IMG_9201.JPG
    IMG_9201.JPG
    672.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9202.JPG
    IMG_9202.JPG
    481.4 KB · Views: 10
Benchmade is my daily carry

Benchmade.jpg

Back