Made the parts washer jump

@NCjeeper - what pump are you using. I need to buy one. Fishy pumps are not working as expected... were good enough to pump it all out, but I need something to dedicate to this...

If yours is working fine, I prefer to go with the same setup.

Yep. I am modifying mine also. I scored a 30 gallon drum so I am going to sit the unit on top of it. I will keep the solvent in the drum and have the whole top part available to use. I picked up this pump that will be down at the bottom of the drum.
View attachment 460089
The shelf that comes with the HF unit is pretty light duty and deforms under heavy stuff that needs cleaning.

I would put some kind of stand under the pump to keep it up and out of the gunk.

Heat helps soften oil and grease much faster than cold solvent.

The purple cleaner works well for me.

I gave my HF parts washer away about 20 years ago. I picked up a large used industrial ultrasonic cleaner and the parts washer was never touched again.

I have the pump suspended an inch above the bottom so it won’t be sitting in the crud.

I have the pump suspended an inch above the bottom so it won’t be sitting in the crud.
Tom, I was thinking about the 1" above the bottom since you posted it yesterday and it gives me a little concern. I don't know if your filtering your solvent or not but if you are not, you might want to raise that up a little higher. I find that I accumulate quite a bit of crud in the bottom of my tank rather quickly. If you could afford a little higher it might allow you to run a little longer without cleaning. If your filtering I think you are likely in the best place at 1". The PSC separates very well when sitting. Just a thought.

Back