MAYBE JB???

riversidedan

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
was cleaning around the cross slide and dicovered something the seller didnt tell me about that was hidden :confused: :confused:, look closley where the cross slide is attached with that allen head bolt ............maybe some J/B might fix it for now till I can find another part

Attachments​

Attachments

• 100_3873.JPG
    100_3873.JPG
    435.3 KB · Views: 213
Hard to say from the photo. But if it's cracked, JB won't hold up, I wouldn't think. I'd take it apart and assess the damage from all aspect. Might need to be ground out and brazed.

cant really tell but does that look like its one piece or does it connect with something else? guess I best take it apart and investigate

I think it's an alloy piece and a well-known failure point on these. You might have luck with JB if you clean it well beforehand
but if it's oily or greasy it won't stick

That would be worth making a replacement for in steel.
gonna take it off today and check it out..........hopefully it can be made.. >>>>>>>>>>>> nope its pot metal so were screwed, worse than that cant figure out how that knob comes off so we can replace it

Last edited:
That would be worth making a replacement for in steel.
On that class of machine, it is a common point of failure. There are several iterations of rebuilding the hand wheel assembly where the base is part of the project. It might be worthwhile to investigate some ideas before actually building one.

You can make what looks like an "L" bracket that attaches viewer the bolt and supports the protruding part via screws that are threaded into the casting.

You could make a part that this fits into that attaches to the two screws and just fits the part then have a couple screws hold it together.

Once made clean the break and use HVAC epoxy to put it back together where broken and add the support.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

You can make what looks like an "L" bracket that attaches viewer the bolt and supports the protruding part via screws that are threaded into the casting.

You could make a part that this fits into that attaches to the two screws and just fits the part then have a couple screws hold it together.

Once made clean the break and use HVAC epoxy to put it back together where broken and add the support.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
a picture or drawing would be helpful.........

Back