Motor Modification With Ulma Doctor

They better pay that guy good money to cut chicken that fast. Osha would have a field day watching him for 60 seconds.

"Billy G"

Hi Billy G,
the machine is osha approved. NSF, UL and a CSA listings too.
but scary as all get out ,none the less

as far as the operator's safety gear, i'm not sure about steel mesh and rotary cutting devices- there maybe a loophole there:eek:

That machine in the video doesn't look like a Biro to me- anyway it looks like there should be a guard piece around the blade, I don't see that in the vid..
Mark S.

That machine in the video doesn't look like a Biro to me- anyway it looks like there should be a guard piece around the blade, I don't see that in the vid..
Mark S.
good eye, after studying the machine again- i believe you may be correct.
it's either a dang good copy, or a really early Biro
but you are also correct, there should be a gate that keeps the blade covered until the operator opens the cutting gate with the product

Last edited:
I wonder if gloves would be even more dangerous?
Would it be like wearing gloves around an endmill?
Would it potentially catch and instead of just cutting off the finger pull the hand in and wrap around the blade?

Daryl
MN

to my knowledge, workers can't use gloves around rotary cutting machines here in California
i think for the very purposes you have stated
gives me the shivers to think of one getting wound up.....

That infernal gadget is giving me the creeps, I'm gonna turn everything off and just sit here with my cat. LOL
MS

Mankind is good at making things to work for good only to made evil by thoughts and deeds. I look at it as a time money saving device. Even saving the operator from being cut by his own knife when cutting chicken. How many of you have ever done any butchering well I've done it all my life on game animals and large quantities of beef and fish and chicken. This machine would be a real asset to have doing venison and others. Cutting the legs and separating the meat from the cartilage . YUPP only be afraid of your thoughts not the machine.

Back