MX-600A 9"x24" mini lathe

mounted the lathe on a husky tool box that i got on sale, it works nice
i really like this mounting system it puts the lathe at the perfect height and allows room to access everything, not to mention the box and the lathe are like one structure for the sake of regity, i may add a steel plate between the bottom of the mounts and the wood top to tie both ends together for more regity.

Attachments

• IMG_6222.jpeg
    IMG_6222.jpeg
    462 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6220.jpeg
    IMG_6220.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6205.jpeg
    IMG_6205.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    615.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
mounted the lathe on a husky tool box that i got on sale, it works nice
i really like this mounting system it puts the lathe at the perfect height and allows room to access everything, not to mention the box and the lathe are like one structure for the sake of regity, i may add a steel plate between the bottom of the mounts and the wood top to tie both ends together for more regity.
That looks pretty slick, add a removable chip pan and you're in business....

John

That looks pretty slick, add a removable chip pan and you're in business....

John
yes i'm contemplating a tray with drainage for a coolant system just above the wood top and a removable screen above that so that i can clean the chips out as well as strain the coolant before it gets to the sump

i'm spending more money/time on upgrading my lathe than actual parts made lol, but then again that is the way i roll.

yes i'm contemplating a tray with drainage for a coolant system just above the wood top and a removable screen above that so that i can clean the chips out as well as strain the coolant before it gets to the sump
I'd look into a Kool Mist system rather than flood coolant.

John

I'd look into a Kool Mist system rather than flood coolant.

John
i hear you but i like to have a return system even with the kool mist system, some place for the fluid to go. also while i building stuff i like to keep my options open so if in the future i want to do flood, I can.

Back