MX-600A 9"x24" mini lathe

That's what I had been looking @. Which seller did you buy it from? Multiple listings on eBay & on Vevor.
post #11

and it is cheaper now
the spindle speed is 50-3000 rpm not 50-2250
the seller is good to work with but they do not know anything about the product, the lathe will be delivered with an alloy compound even though the photo depicts a steel one, but you can read all of that above.

Last edited:
This is likely the lathe I would purchase today (if in the market). I like the large spindle bore - would be very useful for me.

The manufacturer missed a great opportunity to provide a thicker cross-slide with T-slots -- Instead of the large top-slide (compound) base. This is also the case on the other 8x (+/-) machines. The old 9x (as represented by the Grizzly G4000 has T-slots on the cross-slide - but only a 3/4" (nominal) spindle bore like the 7x mini-lathes.
the seller just buys what is available and sells it no design or engineering involved, they have no idea of what they are selling.

they cut corners for sure, but at the end of the day it is a 5 inch 4 jaw
The 4 jaw independent check K72-125 is a perfect fit after drilling 2 mounting holes to complete the 3 hole pattern, I purchased a 5” dividing head from Vevor to position the bolt pattern but with the 4 jaw on top of it all of my z was eaten up and the drill chuck was too low to get the bit in. But as luck would have it the chuck adapter plate for the dividing head was an exact match for the spindle on my lathe so with some transfer punch work and careful alignment in the mill I got 2 holes to match up with the 3 hole pattern, tapped it for M8 1.25. So now the 2 3jaw and 4 jaw chuck will mount up to my lathe or dividing head.
The 4 jaw fits perfectly to my lathe I bumped it in to 1/4 of a 1000th.

Attachments

• IMG_6183.mov
    6.2 MB
Last edited:
I built a solid toolpost and I think it doubled the weight of my lathe lol. this works much better and is much more rigid. I plan on rebuilding the compound slide after a few other items are cleared up.

I also added a gib lock to the cross slide.

An added bonus is the the 3/4" plate bolted to the oem cross slide makes it more rigid also.

Attachments

• IMG_6189.jpeg
    IMG_6189.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6187.jpeg
    IMG_6187.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I found another thing about this lathe that I like, the lead screw is attached by a keyed coupler so it is easy to remove and I guess would lend itself to adding a clutch.

been down with shingles so a little time in the shop, the solid tool post is a big win. After tweaking a few things the ability to part A36 went way up, still need to pay attention but it is now doable. the 4 Jaw chuck is a win. next project is a permeant base made out of a rolling tool cart with a set of leveling pads on each end. anyone have experience with putting a mini lathe on a rolling tool cart. the only issue i do not like is that even when the casters are locked there is still some give to them. would the added weight of tools and stuff make this less of an issue or is it an issue?

still loving this lathe project so anyone looking into them my vote is yes.

made a part last night (well more like modified a part) it is aluminum so it is easy mode but any way a part is a part

Attachments

• IMG_6231.jpeg
    IMG_6231.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6230.jpeg
    IMG_6230.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6229.jpeg
    IMG_6229.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 21
Back