My $2000.00 military surplus mill is alive

RobertHaas

Registered
Registered
I posted up about getting this mill (My first) a couple months ago. Hve asked lots of dumb questions and recieved so much great advice from you folks.

My Mill is a 1986 DEBER Universal Mill with both a traditional vertical spindle/quill and a horizontal spindle to boot. It has power to all three AXIS and as far as we can tell it has never been actually set up and ran, or if it has it was more to demonstrate it worked, there is no wear on anything and the cosmoline covering just about everything was a true clue to the history.

So after we homed it, and trammed it. (It was zeroed with no need of any adjustment) I had purchased a rotary phase converter and wired that up. I then spent several days cleaning up everything.

I have a a DRO on it that took me a full day to install and have been making chips for a week.

I am so happy. 20180117_171210.jpg20180117_171222.jpg20180205_171957.jpg20180205_171942.jpg

20180117_171232.jpg

Homed it ? Is it CNC ? , didn’t see a y handwheel and what dose the handwheel up top by motor do.
Nice find.

Score ! I always wanted one of those hor./vert. mills when I had my shop

Looks pretty sitting there, spotless with the shiny (new?) Kurt vise on it!

Homed it ? Is it CNC ? , didn’t see a y handwheel and what dose the handwheel up top by motor do.
Nice find.

The two forward facing fixtures below the table are the Y and Z "wheels"

Homed it in my vernacular was to set it in place insuring it is level and stable. (Did it with a selfmade platform.)

Wow, congratulations!
That looks like a fantastic machine, and as you said "like new".
Have Fun!

-brino

You did well my friend.
Cheers
Martin

Back