My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Tuesday? Give it a few days. Anything can cause him to go dark for a few days.

Tuesday the 22nd.

Today has been 10 days. I know it hasn't been shipped because I provided a return shipping label and can track the shipment. UPS has not received the package yet.

I'd been looking at engine management systems and really haven't found anything that will take the place of the computer and harness.

I think its the holley lsx setup, but need to research it more.

Last edited:
Well seems the Holley Terminator doesn't work with VVT. That's something I would really like to keep on the engine.

Seems like there is a lot of benefit to having a VVT equipped engine for the street. I do like the idea of not having to go to a programmer to change the tune though with the Holley system.

I'll keep looking.

Yeah, vvt on a street car is very noticeable, makes the engine more responsive and more powerful on low RPM, but i'm pretty sure i've seen i guy use holley, i'm not sure was it Terminator or dominator ECU with vvt. I'm sure you can use one of the spare outputs and build a table for it.

From what I read VVT is the best of both worlds. I really don't see why everyone is in such a rush to delete it. There are even upgraded cams for it.

I wouldn't know even how to start building a table for VVT, and what it would take to hook it up to the holley ecu. It's very tempting to get a system that I can modify the tune, but realistically I probably won't do any changes to it. This is just going to be a street car with the possibility of a couple of times at the track.

The track in just a couple of miles from me and in the summer on the weekend I see the cars headed up there and the lure of it is getting to me. But I do remember back in my youth no matter how fast I went I always wanted to go faster. When I hit the 12's I wanted 11's. That's a big jump for a full bodied 69 chevelle and a guy in his 20's. Never got there, but sure wanted to.

I have a feeling what will happen with the harness is I'll give up on the guy and order the other setup, then miraculously he will reappear with some lame excuse and be ready to ship my harness. Then what do I do? Tell him it's too late and he had his chance?

Over Christmas/ New Year is a tricky time to get anything done. I'd wait until the beginning of this coming week to message him again.

I'll wait til Monday to do anything. One more text and maybe a voicemail then wait a day and if no reply I'll file with PayPal and see if that gets a response.

At this point if I get my money back I won't give it back to him until I get my parts back.

Have you looked into Megasquirt EFI? They have some well developed turn key systems now. I've built two of their diy systems, I'm really keen on them.

Megasquirt is also a good platform, in my opinion only V3 is suitable for automotive use, the connections and hardware used in older versions has too much interference.

Megasquirt looks pretty good, but more than I really wanted to spend.

It's beginning to look like the new harness and computer is the way to go. Especially wanting to keep the VVT.

Have you looked at his Facebook home page to see if he’s active?

Back