My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Just a long as its a "mouse" motor. Preferably a newer "three fitty". A rat would be better. More cubic inches.

(You gotta be an old hot rodder to understand) :)

Last edited:
I just pulled the plywood off the deck of the trailer. It covered 3/4 of the deck. The wood underneath the plywood is good. Not pretty but solid. A few pieces of the uncovered decking at the back have some rot on the ends, but not bad. The plywood on the back side is looks good enough to use, but I don't really need it on there. Not going to a "trailer show" so am going to just leave it as is. "Was" going to have it sand blasted, but was just quoted $1200. It can stay ugly for that price. Prices have gone sky high on everything it seems.
they did my subframe on the nova for $80. Might knock some rust off the sides and put some paint it. Got a couple of new trailer rated tires for $185, Right now with the cost of the trailer, license, tires, and wiring supplies I have $925 plus the gas to go get it.

Also picked up a set of slapper bars. Got them for $50 which I think is a steal. New they are $300 plus. They look like old Lakewoods to me. They are heavy, much heavier than I would have guessed. Just the bar by itself without bolts is 15lbs. Came with the J bolts and the font U bolts to adjust the preload. Problem is I can't get my lift arms under the car and hit the lifting points I'm using after installing them. Have to figure that one out. I've already got two short extensions on the rear lifting pads now.

20210504_160805.jpg20210504_160742.jpg20210504_161055.jpg20210504_160828.jpg20210504_161631.jpg
20210504_161746.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've gone and done it now. Been pushing hard to get things done to be be able to start the engine. A lot of work with the car over my head on the lift..

So I woke up Saturday and couldn't lift my right arm. I figured it was just sore and it's just gotten worse. Last night i slept (or tried to) sleep on thee couch sitting up because the pain isn't as bad. It is intense to say the least. I had tears in my eyes this morning putting my shirt on an figured that was enough.

Called the doc and he sent me in for an xray. He thinks Ive either bruised or damaged my rotator cuff. So now I get to sit on my ass and wait to see what I did to it. And I'm so close to starting the engine. Maybe 6-8 hours of work finishing the wiring up.

Now honestly I don't know if I'll ever get it done.

That sucks, is it sore when lifting, then impossible going over shoulder height?

I can use my arm below the elbow and hand is the same as it was still somewhat numb, but I can't lift my arm from my side. I can't even push through the pain, impossible to raise it.

Hopefully soon they will let my know if they found anything.

One of the indicators of the torn rotator is having some mobility until you get in to the range of level, and impossible to raise the arm over shoulder height. I assume you know the rehabilitation is long if it's torn. Hoping for the best, lots of Ice, and fingers crossed for you.

I do know its going to be a long haul if it is torn. I'm hoping it's not. Keeping fingers crossed. I didnt feel anything happen, just had pain the morning after I worked on the car. The med he gave me finally kicked it and it feels better and I can move it slightly more. Tonight at bed time will be the test. Last night itt hurt so bad I had tears in my eyes. Just an unrelenting deep pain.

I've talked with my wife and she offered to help me with things, but even with me standing there showing her how to do it, there is no way she can do what I do, or match my experience and feel when it isn't right when doing something.

I had really thought all I had to deal wih were the effects of the stroke and dealing with that, I hadn't counted on something else happening.

I'm wondering if the "over-head" work you mentioned may have resulted in a pinched nerve somewhere, maybe in your neck.

I had an episode a few years back. The pain was just below my right shoulder blade and slightly toward my spine.

A severe roiling, burning sort of pain that I'd never experienced before and I couldn't find relief in any position. Bad news.

I went to Advantage Chiropractic in Longview (my first visit to a Chiropractor) and I recommend them. It took a few months to feel fully recovered.

I think we started with 3 visits a week for a few weeks and tapered off over time.

Best wishes for a quick ans full recovery.

Going thru the same thing on my left shoulder right now . Had the right cuff repaired a few years back and feel that one weakening again also . It is a very painful operation and up to a 6 month recovery period with therapy . Like yourself , I slept in a chair or with my arm hanging off the bed and had to work 17 weeks with the tear .

Back