My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

I have soaked a cloth in castor oil and applied it to the cuff for about 3 hours to reduce the inflammation, almost instant pain relief. I did not have any tearing of the cuff.
NOTE, do not drink.

My pain now isn't bad if I don't try to move my arm. As I said I can use my hand and lower arm. He gave me meloxicam as a pain relief. But when I picked it up the pharmacist said it was a powerful anti inflammatory med.

I took it and an hour later I was going to toss it down the drain because it didn't help. But about 4 hours later most of pain was gone, and I actually slept last night for a little while.

I don't drink at all. I'll see if I can find the castor oil this weekend.

Just got this test result.

Doesn't sound like I broke anything, but I really don't have a clue as to what it all means. Just have to wait for the doc to contact me.

Details

Study Result​

Impression​

1. No fracture or other acute osseous abnormality of the shoulder.
2. Minimal degenerative osteoarthritis of the acromioclavicular joint.
3. Small ovoid calcifications adjacent to the superolateral margin of the humeral head may be a sign of calcific tendinopathy of the rotator cuff or may represent loose bodies.

RADIA

Dictated By: McQuinn Garland MD 2021-05-27 13:25:13.52
Signed By: McQuinn Garland MD 2021-05-27 13:32:18.0
Transcribed By: Risbell Kathy 2021-05-27 13:26:36.453

SITE ID: 002
Patients are advised to discuss imaging findings and recommendations with the ordering provider.

Narrative​

EXAM:
RIGHT SHOULDER RADIOGRAPHY

EXAM DATE: 5/26/2021 12:23 PM.

CLINICAL HISTORY: Pain ICD-10-CM - M25.511 Pain in right shoulder.

COMPARISON: None.

TECHNIQUE: 3 views.

FINDINGS:
Bones: Normal. No fracture or bone lesion.

Joints: No subluxation or dislocation. There are minimal degenerative changes of the acromioclavicular joint.

Soft tissues: There are a few ovoid calcific densities adjacent to the superolateral margin of the humeral head. There is a cluster of dystrophic soft tissue calcifications in the subcutaneous fat posterior to the proximal humeral diaphysis. The visualized hemithorax is unremarkable. No soft tissue swelling.

Component Results​

There is no component information for this result.

General Information​

Ordered by Sean N Murray, ARNP
Collected on 05/26/2021 12:23 PM
Resulted on 05/27/2021 1:32 PM
Result Status: Final result

This test result has been released by an automatic process.​

This was X-rays, correct, they will tell you to rest, ice, and come back in 2 weeks would be my guess. An MRI would give better resolution....

I'm wondering if the "over-head" work you mentioned may have resulted in a pinched nerve somewhere, maybe in your neck.

I had an episode a few years back. The pain was just below my right shoulder blade and slightly toward my spine.

A severe roiling, burning sort of pain that I'd never experienced before and I couldn't find relief in any position. Bad news.

I went to Advantage Chiropractic in Longview (my first visit to a Chiropractor) and I recommend them. It took a few months to feel fully recovered.

I think we started with 3 visits a week for a few weeks and tapered off over time.

Best wishes for a quick ans full recovery.

@alloy

I guess I wasn't specific enough.
My point is that the location of the pain is not always the location of the cause.
My neck didn't hurt at all.

Yes an mri would be better, but they haven't called me to schedule that yet.

Yes you were specific, I'm just going with what the doc wants do do. I just want to know if I damaged it, and what to do next.

I wish the process was quicker.

Last edited:
It's getting a little better, today I can lift my arm about 4". Not enough to do anything with it, but it gives me hope it will heal enough to use my arm. Not sure if I should push it, or just take it easy.

Love the Eagles. Thanks!

Looks like I will have no choice but to push it anyway.

Customer emailed and he's dropping off a $1200 job tomorrow night on his way to work and needs it on Wednesday.

But listening to the Eagles will help, I hope :)

Well shoulder is better. Talked to the doc and he said my body told me enough was enough and it didn't like what I was doing to it so it rebelled. It was the only way it could get me to listen and stop what I was doing. He said your are 63 and had a major stroke so take it easy.
So I've cut back, especially working over my head with the car on the lift. I was running wiring and was hurting a little today so I stopped and took a break. Hopefully this won't happen again.

Am working on the intake setup trying to get the MAF and air filter on and the truck intake has an upward angle on it and the intake tube hits the hood pretty hard.
20210601_220159.jpg

I bought an angled throttle body spacer but it didn't fit. I was thinking about a cowl induction hood but it still doesn't look like it clear as far as I can tell. So I bit the bullet and bought this. Supposedly my injectors and sensors will fit on it. And it look a lot cooler than the truck intake does.

I'm getting close to try and start it. Maybe tomorrow. I don't have the cooling system installed yet, just got my fan in today and need to make a shroud for it and run wiring to it. Still have a bunch to do, but i may be able to drive it later this summer.

Last edited:
Very pleased that your shoulder/arm is resolving without surgery.
It was talking to you pretty 'loud'.

Good progress on the project too.

Back