My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Thanks.

Yeah it was pretty loud. I'm kinda stubborn so it got my attention the only way it could :rolleyes:

Happy the hear you're doing better.

Just run it with the hood off :grin:

I echo the sentiments that the shoulder is not FUBARed

Thanks guys.

Hmmmm.............Don't need to stinkin hood right ;)

I've found a solution!!!! Cheap also!!!

Why didn't I think of that? Where's my tin snips? :rolleyes:

hood scoop.jpg

Looks like the dog is ready to pee on it too.
If you have the clearance under the MAFS maybe you can angle mill the pad 5*?

Looks like the dog is ready to pee on it too.
Come on now, you know you want it. You can buy it on face book marketplace. It's got a 460 in it. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4030518230351372/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

Somebody is proud of there work, which is what bothers me that they actually own tools and work on vehicles that run on public roads with other cars.

The way the plastic intake is set up the oring groove is cut into the mounting face where the throttle body is and it's pretty thin there. Honestly it's not worth messing with. The new manifold will look much better also.

Last edited:
Well starting the engine didn't go well. I fought a problem with incorrectly pinned ignition switch connector and finally got that figured out by trail and much error.

So it spins over and caught once or twice, but came up with a 315 crankshaft position relearn error. I've been reading about it and I think I need an advanced programmer to reset the computer. I sent an email to the company that tuned the computer, and hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

I had the same computer put tune in my trailblazer ss and they sent me a programmer to do the re learn procedure. That time the engine started, but didn't get so lucky this time.

So I've got plenty to do in the mean time. My Flex a lite fan came in along with my sheet of aluminum for the shroud. And still more wiring to do. Now I just did enough wiring to try and start the engine.

Success!!!!!

Still have the 315 crank relearn code, but it runs!!!

Stated trouble shooting and finally found a bad fuel pump relay on the PSI conversion swap harness. You would think spending $800 for a harness you would get a relay that works, but I guess they don't check every single relay, just assume since it's new its good. I'm just glad it was something simple.

Got a leak one of my braided hoses for the power steering, but no big deal, I can fix that.

It's a really good day!!!!

Anyway here it is.

Last edited:
Congratulations, that is a big step forward. Now just the grunt work to get all the systems finished. Not all relays get tested from the factory. During the time when i work for van hool buses, i would have a defective one or two every week, but the busses have around 85 relays. One of the things i'm still remembered by from the people that still work there, i had a 5 liter bucket next to my storage locker where i was throwing all the defective parts that i'll remove, the parts department wanted them back and i did not have time to take the 15-20 min forklift ride to them. Once it was full i'll take them there. But when the owner of the company Filip Vanhool was walking and inspecting the place he seen it. I was deep in the luggage compartment changing a drilled thru TCU and got called out, as i got to my bucket i throw in it the TCU that just removed and the owner of the company dove in the bucket and pick it up started to yell do you know how much this cost. I'm a pretty grounded guy also i'm one head taller than him and probably double the weight, so i took his hand with the TCU and show him the broken off drill bit in it, that commed him down. When i look at my superiors standing across from me they were white as ghosts, they were petrified he asked about the other relays, indicator stocks and other parts i told him also told him why they are there, and from that incident evry of my superiors had lots more respect for me. Don't take new parts for graudend that they will work, also keep up the good work.

Well another setback. I had the 315 crankshaft relearn needed and I contacted the company that did the tune in my ecm about borrowing their tech 2 scanner like I did a few years ago. And this is the reply I got.

Hi Dan, Unfortunately a scan tool likely won't complete the crank sensor relearn. We've had swap cars that the code would clear each time we perform the relearn, and then come right back on the next key cycle. I think it has something to do with the fact that not all the factory modules & wiring are present. For instance, you are supposed to set the parking brake & hold your foot on the brake pedal while performing it, and many swaps don't have either of those wired to the ECM (I don't think the parking brake warning even goes through the ECM, more likely the body control module). So, all that to say we should have turned that code off in the tune, and failed to do so. I hate for you to have to send it back again, but that code just needs to be flashed out of the ECM.

-Mark

So.....................have to send my computer back a 3rd time. Sucks, can't run the engine now so guess I work on other things while I'm waiting.

Last edited:
Back