My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Yeah I like the mopar also. Just has the "look".

Here is the camino. All original except the air cleaner and gauges under the dash for $8k.

I like the mopar, but being a chevy guy with loads of parts the camino is probably the one we should get.

20191119_113401.jpg

That El Camino is Hot....with a nice 327 small-block.....Its starting to feel like McDonald's in here cause, "Im Lovin It!"

Cash in hand offer him $6000 settle somewhere in between that and $7500.....The guy most likely has a lower price factored in that he is willing to take if the cash is within reach. In my experience even when the word Firm is used there is usually still some flexibility when cash on hand is talking!

Last edited:
It's nice and only $8k. 327 with a glide.. But as I said both my wife and I don't like white cars.

But I can see it with one of those nice black tonneau covers, and a set of American mags. I may have to try and talk her into it. As a chevy guy it just makes sense especially with a brand new spare 350 I have.

Survivor.

Keep it like it is!!!!

New engine if it needs it but rebuild would be better.

JMHO,

1ohn

Have her invision a nice pearl coat over that white.....Not to many women willing to turn down a jewel! :beer mugs:

Survivor.

Keep it like it is!!!!

New engine if it needs it but rebuild would be better.

JMHO,

1ohn

I'm not sure about the pearl, but maybe a clear coat. Or just use a little rubbing compound on it and a good wax job. I don't think the paint would be thick enough to buff it out. Probably used a lacquer back then.

Well we have a limited budget so for now just dropping in the 350 would be the least expensive, and I'd just put the 327 in the corner. Not going to get rid of it, have plenty of space to store it. In the vid he sent the engine sounds pretty good. As long as we can get it home under it's own power that would be great, if need be we will trailer it. Just be more hassle and take more time with a trailer.

We talked about the Belvedere and the Camino tonight on the way home from work. We both agree that the chevy would be best for us with all the parts and experience I have with chevy's. With the mopar all I have for it is air for the tires. Have to buy anything it needs, like an engine.

Here's a good on for you. On Facebook there is a beautiful 69 Chevelle SS 396 clone for $10k.

I messaged about it and got this back. They must think we are stupid or something. And there is no way of reporting it as a scam on FB. Looked for 20 minutes, can't even post about it on the ad.

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting me about my 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS with 11,214 miles it's automatic runs on gasoline.The vehicle is in great shape & immaculate condition and I’m the original owner. It has no damage,or hidden defects. I have a clear title, under my name.The price is firm, $ 10,000. I’m selling it because my husband died 1 month ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories so that’s the reason I want to sell it asap. My daughter and I decided to sell the house and so we moved with my parents in Lawrence, KS trying to start a new life. I want to use eBay Service for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing the vehicle just email me with your full name, P.o. Box or address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Thank you,
Teri Newman

Hi again ,
I`ll do my best to walk you through the entire process.As I have told you in my previous email my husband died recently. I had to move out and now I am living with my parents in Lawrence, KS . At the moment they are the only ones I can rely on. The vehicle is at the shipping company, in Lawrence KS, sealed and ready for the shipping. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 2-4 days. Once you will get the vehicle you will have 5 days to try it out prior to making any purchase. In the case that you feel that the vehicle is not suitable, you can just return it, all fees being on my expense. When receiving it you will have as well all the documents, including title, bill of sale , 2 sets of keys, full service records and more. The title and the bill of sale will be notarized and signed by me. If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask eBay to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Please reply with your whole name, a delivery address including (street, city,state, zip code) and ph# and they will contact you right away. As soon as I hear that from you I will initiate the transaction through them.
Sincerely,
Teri Newman,

Looks to me like someone started with a very bad car, throw in a lot of money to get it that far before the engine blow, i don't know how much an engine costs there but at 5000 evan 5500$ you have room to have a manuel coupe pony at a decent price. If it was an automatic forget it, in my experience when an engine throws a rod it breaks the pump in the transmission and you need entre drivetrain, manual transmissions, i've had ones cracked the bellhousing but it was easy to replace only 4 bolts.

Ok, didn't get the stang or the camino. Got something better :grin: Had to drag it 300 miles home today. 600 mile round trip is a long one in a single day.

6.0 liter LS engine, iron block, 345 horse version. Carbed, running off an MSD control box. Has upper and lower tubular control arms and upgraded front disk, and had been fitted with rear disks. Has a new autowire wiring kit. The wheels suck, planning on GM rally style wheels.

Car is at about 85% done. Needs wiring finished, a new dash, going with full autometer gauges. Needs master cylinder installed and plumbed, wiper motor is missing. Has new aluminum radiator. I have to switch to a big block heater core that moves the inlet and outlet to the left. As it is the tubes come out and hit the back of the head. He's put a turbo 350 trans in, but I'm going to pull that and put in a T56 I have here. I love rowing a 6 speed.

I'm hoping to get this finished by summer.

Tomorrow my plan is to get it up on my lift and start making a list of what needs to be done and start ordering parts.

20191123_201736.jpg20191123_201713.jpg74614820_10157437471441259_7610155502701379584_n.jpg
75446634_10157437461511259_1221666484858650624_n.jpg
75356911_10157437465846259_1841937874971262976_n.jpg

20191123_210358.jpg

My fave love Nova 's I had a 72 and did the disc conversion, big sway bar urethane bushings. I sold it before I was going to drop a small block in it. Looks like your almost there. Keep us posted looks awsome.

Back