My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

That's excellent Alloy. I'm glad to see a little silver lining show up.

I'll be contacting you for details when I get settled back in Kalama.

I'll be contacting you for details when I get settled back in Kalama.
If you are referring to the class, sign up is about the 20th of next month, and very limited class size. I was warned to register immediately when sign up opens. Don't know what class times are, and what day/days of the week. But I do know it's an evening class.

Ok, I give up on my headers. I've had them welded, and tried my best to get them to connect to the exhaust system. They are at such a bad angle there is no way to get what I want and not have it look like crap.

So, just ordered these. 304 stainless, $260, free shipping, and free return if they don't fit.

I hope these work.

235749306_573591940464412_7623037640831805806_n.jpg
236253463_574138710409735_2300577869980961228_n.jpg
236298986_574138713743068_2343781471849843581_n.jpg

Last edited:
They look great, and really not crazy expensive.......

I hope these work.
Me too, and that they get to you in a reasonable time and condition!

Brian

Well unfortunately they are being shipped by fedx :( I hope there isn't a repeat of my last shipment.

But some good came out of the last damaged shipment. I was able to save the first shipment with a little little hammer and dolly work on the parts, and sold the second replacement exhaust. Fedx never called to look at the damaged shipment and summit racing said if I hadn't heard from them in two weeks to dispose of the parts as I see fit. Well, I got rid of them. They sold in less than a half hour :cool:

Now I'll see if anyone will give me anything for the headers I have now. Not worth anything in my opinion. I won't go any higher than paying someone $20 to take them.

I guess I could use them for welding practice ;)

Last edited:
Well big fail on the headers. They hang down 4" below the sub frame. Not even close. Sending them back.

Gave up on low cost headers and ordered a set of coated hookers for $900. Ouch, but this will be my third set of headers and I'm tired of screwing with them. I've waited weeks to get this sorted out and I'm tired of waiting and being disappointed again and again.

I did find somebody to take the old rear axle off my hands. Been trying to give it away for months and not have the scrap guy get it. This guy is driving 250 miles one way for it. I'm giving it to him for free. Pay it forward I guess.
lowheader.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Lemons, I would not trust Hooker....

Great, now you tell me this :rolleyes:

Well I bought them from summit, so pretty easy returns if they don't fit.

There used to be a place in Auburn called Stan's headers that made custom headers. I don't know if there still in business or not. An internet search said they open at 8 AM Monday but I couldn't open the web site.

Tim

Back