My Boys First Machine Project.

Wow, this took me back to memory lane, my son and I used to hang out in the shop. He's 26 now and some 3K miles away serving.
Cherish your time with your children as they grow up fast.

taycat,
If you think it appropriate, and if there is no age limit on the forum, encourage him to get his own sign on here at HM.
It might also help with his communication development.

All,
If we got enough youth, perhaps the HM site managers would consider establishing a special category which would encourage them accordingly.
Note: our youth may need a different level of encouragement than I need.
Regardless, its likely that HM is better than Facebook, and other sites.

Thoughts?
Is there a Boy Scout Merit badge for Machining? There is one for Welding.
Do the Girl Scouts have merit badges?

Daryl
MN

Last edited:
Daryl, Like HMY. I like it but it could bring some issues.
mark

Daryl, Like HMY. I like it but it could bring some issues.
mark

Potentially, huge issues.
If HM has a legal department, then I hope that they look at the idea before any consideration of implementation.
Many great people here. But we never really know for sure....

Daryl
MN

Daryl, That also, But I was thinking some parents may not want their kids doing this kind of work. Or some kids do not need to be doing this kind of work. We would need to be able to know there was some form a adult supervision on their end. I am still a bit nervous when my 13 year old runs a machine with me there. That's all I was getting at. That is a very sad but real consideration.
Mark

If more Dads worked with there kids I think the whole country would be a different place. I think crime would drop all kinds of things would change. I remember working with my dad at 5 years old helping build houses as I got older the summers and sometimes I had to stay home from school to help put rafters in I held them on my shoulders standing on the ceiling joist dad would line them up and nail them in . He was a one man house building machine.

Cherish your time with your children as they grow up fast.

If more Dads worked with there kids I think the whole country would be a different place. I think crime would drop all kinds of things would change.

You guys are absolutely correct! Our kids need good role models.

Not to toot my own horn, (or to take over the thread!) but just to share here's a picture of my son and me.
He used it as the cover of the portfolio required to get considered for Industrial Design program at the local university:
helper.jpg

at away Kiddo !!! U must be proud Papa.... :)

God bless nice to see great interaction
Btw my son is 17 and is on the spectrum. smart w/ short attention span... he wants to do everything but has to learn the basics with safety and hand tools first ... Id like to be able get there and know we may if I invest the time and he keeps interested
Thanks for sharing You Just gave me more inspiration and made my night
Kenny V

Back