My Current UPS Saga

I like the message they email me.
Tried to deliver. Could not contact anyone.

BS... I had been setting in my garage that looks out to front of my house all day. Just about every day.
This happens on friday when they don't want to drive to my town for one delivery.

My packages arrived today (2 I was expecting and 1 I was not). One was late, one early, one on time. The tracking for the late one has some redundant entries in the detailed tracking view - like they had trouble actually leaving the origin city.

UPS has been fine my rural area, I am sorry you all have trouble with them. DHL is the difficult carrier in my neck of the woods. Lots of parts from GB come in that way and its always dramatic to go the last 40 miles form the airport to my shop. FedEx does fine by me but my normal delivery person will give me no end of grief for heavy packages - I have been trained to come help her with a hand truck so I don't hear about it.

In other news I ordered a 2hp 3 phase motor and VFD from Automation Direct on Friday with free 2 day shipping. Today I got shipping notifications stating that the products had been shipped FedEx overnight and they will be here tomorrow by noon. How cool is that? They've definitely earned my business.

And my replacement welder delivery date was just updated from Thursday to Wednesday.
Will it actually get here Wednesday? Who knows. But if it does....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And my replacement welder delivery date was just updated from Thursday to Wednesday.
Will it actually get here Wednesday? Who knows. But if it does....

did they actually say what Wednesday!!!

did they actually say what Wednesday!!!

Holy smokes!
Now it says tomorrow!!!
(I seriously doubt that will happen, only because of needing to coordinate ferry schedules.)
fb93af3de366431737933bac15e66760.jpg

Is that direct ferry from New Jersey to BC??

Certainly direct from Vancouver to Victoria :D

Delivery using UPS and USPS and whoever delivers Amazon stuff have all been outstanding around here. In fact the UPS delivery driver is always interested in what’s going on in the shop, saying that’s what he’s looking forward to in retirement. I think the delivery services for me have really helped me enjoy the apocalypse more. Sorry for your struggles, but most of us have pretty high expectations now and don’t really expect disease, riots or business downturns to impact our life. I live in a bubble, I guess. :)

Reactions: Z2V
I had an Amazon order shipped UPS that Amazon said to be expected to be delivered today. Last week UPS said delivery rescheduled & delayed due to Civil Demonstration. Over the weekend UPS rescheduled delivery for Tomorrow. Well the package arrived today.

Not that it mattered to me, wasn't in a rush to get it. Just mentioning cause I too have been seeing odd delays these past months. Some of which I sometimes feel are just excuses. :D

Back