My first part

Dave,
Great job and I'm happy for you if only because it was only a few short months ago I made my first useful things and was hooked. Welcome to the next level of the rabbit hole!
Evan

Thanks Evan, I remember the day I used my MIG welder for the first time. I thought “this is the best tool I’ve ever bought!”
I feel like I’m on the verge of a huge world of discovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work David!!!
you realize, thart be cursed now.
you will never look at things the same.
soon you will ponder how things can be machined, built and constructed- with materials and machines you possess or will soon desire.
instead of football, you'll take up lathe bit geometry and cutting forces
instead of Soccer (football to some) , you'll be watching This old Tony, on YouTube
your significant other may become jealous of your machinery, and will try to turn you against them- beware :cautious:
pretty soon, your thoughts are consumed by reduction of materials in efficient and expedient manner with precision
bucker' up Pal, you are in for a ride! :grin:

Post in error

Last edited:
Alright, now we're talking! Just what I have been waiting to see! twothumbs.gifhighfive.gif

WOW!!
All of this in the space of less than 24 Hrs!!
My sentiments exactly Dave and the same way I felt a few weeks ago using my mill for the 1st time to actually DO something needing done!!

Here's a tap tip...
Buy extras, you will break some!!
Ask me how I know this!!

DW knows when she sees me coming through the door holding something what she is in for!!

I really do feel guilty though, spending time in the shop when the weather outside is nice.
And once my springtime part time gig begins, my shop time will be limited.

That feeling you have when you have a project in your shop and you can't wait to get to it?
Remember those days back in school in machine shop when you had 55 minutes and just when you got set up the dang bell rings GRRR.
Remember back in High school when you couldn't wait to get to school 3rd period metal shop so you could get back on your project!!
I still have that same feeling every time I walk into my shop. I don't have enough time but I do have that wonderful, life extending, hopeful, can't wait to get back at it feeling :)
It's a great hobby!

I'm no lawyer, David, but I think your celebration might be called the party of the first part.

Tom

(Look, guys, don't blame me if there's no "groan" button. I've asked for one a few times myself in the past.)

Back