My Logan 820 Lathe Journey

Getting closer… figured I can use it as is and install the half-nut later… it is not that the one there is bad, I just wanted to replace it and forget about it…. The desire to start using it won over. I will save the new half-but to install at a later date…

457D1D87-3536-4717-9CB3-208EFA8C5673.jpeg

I need to figure out a setup for a toolbox under it to hold everything that pertains to this lathe…Something I can roll in and out..

Limitation is height. Has to fit under 28” H x 36”W. I might need to build a cart to place an intermediate box on it…

I like what this guy did… drawers would be better…One downside, no ability to move it out…plus concerned it might be too much weight for the table…

ED05B3C3-6EB3-4F74-B797-FA88BC1E70A9.jpeg

Last edited:
3C collet done!

IMG_7481.jpeg

Scribed a mark to make it easy to orient the slot on the collet when inserting... and applied some red paint. Now, looking at the photo, I should have done the line also on the face of the adapter... not always will the mark be visible... obviously I did not think that one through... Easy fix.

IMG_7491.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

The bearings arrived and was able to fix the aftermarket clutch engagement for the Logan 820. I installed the stock knob... so I will save this assembly for any future need...

IMG_7528.jpeg

Got lazy... no way I was removing the switch and motor again just to paint the harness... placed a wire loom cover over... Done!

IMG_7522.jpeg

Follow rest and half-nut should be here tomorrow...

Follow Rest arrived. Just need to get two 5/16" x 2" hex cap screws... and paint it to match, of course...

IMG_7543.jpeg
IMG_7544.jpeg

Half-nuts also arrived... and just realized that I only ordered one of the pins... good grief... hopefully the ones in the lathe are in good condition and I can reuse them.

IMG_7542.jpeg
IMG_7545.jpeg

Back