My Logan 820 Lathe Journey

I really like how that all turned out. :encourage:
If you put your SS chip tray across the long way could you fit another one beside it? I drill a lot of long stock, and the chips would miss your tray.

aww man, I'm jealous - you get a NEW cookie tray for a chip pan. I only get the old beat up ones the wife is throwing out :bawling:

aww man, I'm jealous - you get a NEW cookie tray for a chip pan. I only get the old beat up ones the wife is throwing out :bawling:

I had saved it from when I bought them for the 9x20... they did not sell one... package came with two... I hid the second one before the wife could claim it, hehehehehe...

I really like how that all turned out. :encourage:
If you put your SS chip tray across the long way could you fit another one beside it? I drill a lot of long stock, and the chips would miss your tray.

As mentioned, I already had this one... I did try to find a longer one. The space in there can accommodate a 30" long tray... This one is only 19-1/2" long. I could try to find a smaller one to fill the rest.

Length of the SS cross ways under the bed is what I'm wondering if it would fit another tray.

Length of the SS cross ways under the bed is what I'm wondering if it would fit another tray.
Gotcha… the lathe tray is not that wide to turn it in that direction… I will measure when I get home

Edit: 17” x 30”

Last edited:
Installed the drawer pads, bolted the plywood with the casters to the base, painted the border just to make it look like it belongs there... Done!

IMG_7636.jpeg

Now let's make some chips!!

More photos...
View attachment 414155

View attachment 414154

View attachment 414156
View attachment 414157

View attachment 414158

View attachment 414159

View attachment 414160
View attachment 414161
View attachment 414162

I bought the owners manual but can’t seem to be able to download, email sent to Logan…

The leather belt is fairly new (I have the receipt from 2020).

Motor is not original…or at least the pulley is not... as it is running with a v-pulley on the motor and flat on the top...

View attachment 414170

Also, it runs only in one direction…does not matter if the switch is in forward or reverse…

View attachment 414166

View attachment 414165
View attachment 414167

View attachment 414163
View attachment 414164

So a lot of cleaning and sorting out the wiring…
Logan lathes came with a flat pulley on top and a v on the bottom.

I have heard that placing a piece of old style black electrical tape completely around the flat belt pulley makes it less likely to slip. Gives it more traction?

Attachments

• 2F75B889-E6D5-489C-9F72-52E860452E89.png
    2F75B889-E6D5-489C-9F72-52E860452E89.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back