My name is John and I have a bench grinder problem – a cry for shop organization help

A few more ideas...

Grinder Stand-3.jpg

Grinder Stand-1.jpg

Grinder Stand-2.jpg

Grinder Stand-4.jpg

And one more video with another idea... I have had to use links for the videos because trying on embed is giving me error...

Link to video

Grinder Stand-5.JPG

I really like this last one... he used a slip ring connector to avoid the mess with the wiring. Was not aware those existed. Went ahead and ordered a couple of those connectors for a future build. I would need to and would have to install a set of leveling casters. Need to be able to move them and level them anywhere in the garage (I think... maybe they never move once I get them where they need to go).

Link to Amazon

Last edited:
Those are some good ideas, 'chuko! A few may even work with heavy grinders and have decent balance. I like the ones that flip vertically. I don't think getting a 2:1 on storage while ensuring a tool remains useful and accessible is anything to sniff at. Doubling the grinders for the same floor space in the shop is like doubling the money in the account- take the wife to dinner afterwards and celebrate!

A few more ideas...

View attachment 453986

View attachment 453984

View attachment 453985

View attachment 453987

And one more video with another idea... I have had to use links for the videos because trying on embed is giving me error...

Link to video

View attachment 453988

I really like this last one... he used a slip ring connector to avoid the mess with the wiring. Was not aware those existed. Went ahead and ordered a couple of those connectors for a future build. I would need to and would have to install a set of leveling casters. Need to be able to move them and level them anywhere in the garage (I think... maybe they never move once I get them where they need to go).

Link to Amazon
This is along the lines of what my plan is including having the top rotate and lock in place.

I was pretty much set on making this one, with two grinders on each side. That should cover the grinders that I have and I can have two readily available and any given time. Did not find plans for it as he made it without them... so no list of parts available either. I will have to figure it all out... but that is part of the fun...

Grinder Stand-1d.JPG
Grinder Stand-1c.JPG
Grinder Stand-1b.JPG

Grinder Stand-1a.JPG

But take a look at this one. He can turn the top one to any angle... not sure if we setup the other two to do the same, doubt it from the video... but another great idea: link to video

Grinder Stand-6.JPG

How bout a trailer receiver hitch mounted under the bench, each grinder on a square tube mounted to a plate? Some guys use their reloading presses this way. But then you gotta stash them somewhere. Maybe the revolving bookshelf like in the ghost/spy movies.

Back