My new shop baby

When I made a static.converter I had to fiddle with the current sensing relay to stop it cycling/buzzing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Well; I'm upright again but takin it slow, my DRO kit arrived today
right after I shook hands on the deal with the new owner of my Central Machinery RF-30.
Tomorrow morn we will load it up and I will git after mounting the DRO, I am glad to get the floor space back
cuz this ol fat fart needs room to maneuver........................... :big grin:

Glad to hear that you are on the mend and going to get back to the project. I assume by your comment "Tomorrow morn we will load it up", you mean you and the tractor.
Just because you are felling better, you are still mending and can easily re-injure your back. Ask me how I know.
Take care.

Oh yes, I get you on that, I will be hopefully supervizin the load up as Terry said he had help.
I have been rode hard and put away wet a LOT in my life and breakdowns take a lot longer to
heal than they used to so I don't/cant push things like I used to.
If I knew I was gonna last so long I woulda taken better care of my self................... ;)

Oh yes, I get you on that, I will be hopefully supervizin the load up as Terry said he had help.
I have been rode hard and put away wet a LOT in my life and breakdowns take a lot longer to
heal than they used to so I don't/cant push things like I used to.
If I knew I was gonna last so long I woulda taken better care of my self................... ;)

I hear you there, between football injuries, injuries from breaking horses, motocross, skiing, etc, etc, I am amazed that I can move as much as I can. Maybe it is punishment or just lucky, hard to tell sometimes.
But I keep moving, I have gained too much weight and I need to get some of it off of me or I won't be able to enjoy my retirement. It is funny though, in my minds eye, I still see me around 35 years of age. But I have no idea who that old man is staring back at me in the mirror.
I don't know, maybe I am too stupid to know when I am licked or too stubborn.

Been a while fer updates, after two months of battle with my purchase of a DRO system it is finally all installed and working.
just finished the first paying/barter job with it and happy.
They are custom draw bolts and pivots for a prototype irrigation/well pump casing stand off and lift assembly
one of my former employers and I are developing.
I will post more as it goes it is so nice having a full size mill to work with now !!..................:dancing banana:

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210118_125639.jpg
    thumbnail_20210118_125639.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail_20210118_144900.jpg
    thumbnail_20210118_144900.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 40
  • thumbnail_20210118_125632.jpg
    thumbnail_20210118_125632.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 38
  • thumbnail_20210118_162549.jpg
    thumbnail_20210118_162549.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 40
Looks like the mill it running well.

Which DRO system did you buy. I had issues with the Chinese one I bought off of Ebay. The X axis on my lathe was not reading. They put me through a bunch of checks, then there was the lag between them asking me to check something, then checking, replying and then waiting for their response. Took almost a month for them to decide to send me a replacement. Plugged it in and all is working. But at least they stood behind it. Did charge me for the freight, but it was only $24 so not too bad. They comment was that I had had it for more than a month. Didn't matter that I spent that month installing it and then going through their checks. Oh well, all is good now.

Hadn't heard from you in a while. Glad all is OK.

Last edited:
Pretty much the same scenario here on the Chinesium DRO on E bay, first the screen didn't work
then a scale would make the system shut down when plugged into the screen and the almost endless e mail
tag with Shirley in china finally got all working components together and functioning.
Whilst working with it I have found that the upper spindle bearings are the noise makers needing replaced soon
not the motor bearings so the fun continues to keep me entertained and out of the wiffles hair......................... :grin:

The DRO unit is a ToAuto brand and cheaply priced, I now know why.
Time will tell if it was a bargain or not, they did make right on it though, gotta give them that ....................... :eagerness:

Last edited:
Looks like the mill it running well.

Which DRO system did you buy. I had issues with the Chinese one I bought off of Ebay. The X axis on my lathe was not reading. They put me through a bunch of checks, then there was the lag between them asking me to check something, then checking, replying and then waiting for their response. Took almost a month for them to decide to send me a replacement. Plugged it in and all is working. But at least they stood behind it. Did charge me for the freight, but it was only $24 so not too bad. They comment was that I had had it for more than a month. Didn't matter that I spent that month installing it and then going through their checks. Oh well, all is good now.

Hadn't heard from you in a while. Glad all is OK.

Pretty much the same scenario here on the Chinesium DRO on E bay, first the screen didn't work
then a scale would make the system shut down when plugged into the screen and the almost endless e mail
tag with Shirley in china finally got all working components together and functioning.
Whilst working with it I have found that the upper spindle bearings are the noise makers needing replaced soon
not the motor bearings so the fun continues to keep me entertained and out of the wiffles hair......................... :grin:

The DRO unit is a ToAuto brand and cheaply priced, I now know why.
Time will tell if it was a bargain or not, they did make right on it though, gotta give them that ....................... :eagerness:

The question from those of us soon to be looking at DRO's, asking specifically of you gentlemen with experience: Would you buy again? or go with another brand/dealer/supplier?

Key words being time will tell, fer me so far not used all that much yet so I won't say good or bad
at present. Basic checks only so far and no specialty functions have been tried by me, will post as I do...............

Back