My new shop baby

Well, it's officially workable now head is trammed in, vice is also and
the first cutting was done today Woo Hoo !!...................:applause:

thumbnail_20201019_161151.jpgthumbnail_20201019_161315.jpgthumbnail_20201019_161320.jpgthumbnail_20201019_161402.jpg

Now let's see do I start on the tractor project or do I make tooling fer the mill and lathe....??............................:rolleyes:

Nice work. But I see a problem, now you got it dirty again.

In truth, great job. She looks great and it fits perfect in your shop. Seems as though you lucked out on having to replace much of anything. Just needed some tender loving care.

Thanks guys; I really did luck out on the condition in some ways other than the table, though usable it suffered
from coolant staining and a little pitting along with it.
A grinding would alleviate it but not in my budget at this time, as near as I could tell from the cleanup and out
it was only used for cutting aluminum, didn't find any other chips in or on it.
As I have been running it I have found that the motor will need it's bearings replaced, but will be OK for now.
I see a long and happy future with this ol' gal and will be givin her new accessories as we go
like a Z drive and DRO pretty soon, maybe even touch up the paint where it's needed

I have a static phase converter on my Bridgeport, wired by the previous owner. Mine is mounted above the Anilam CNC controller (blue box above the read-out.

I haven't opened the converter to look at the wiring, so this is my presumption on how it's wired. Looks to be a standard DPDT home lighting switch to turn on/off the 220 input to the phase converter. The phase converter output is to the conventional motor switch on the upper left side of the head. I throw the light switch on and the mill fires up. The power switch on the upper LH side of the head still functions for forward/reverse of the spindle. Mine buzzes if I shut the motor off by the conventional Bridgeport switch, so I use the light switch on the phase converter to run the motor. I haven't talked to the previous owner about it, but suspect he was concerned about the buzzing noise too and wired the DPDT switch directly to the phase converter as a solution. On the plus side, my converter is not drawing any power while the mill sets idle.

You could wire something similar on yours. Maybe a DPDT push button switch to turn on the converter just below your existing switch? I bought a push button on/off switch from Grizzly to give my BP a little more "professional look" instead of the light switch, but haven't gotten around the doing the wiring yet.

Bruce

1603545465055.png

1603546201347.png

Thanks BG, A cut off switch is going to be mounted next to the PC as soon as my blown out back
will let me stand and walk again ...............:frown:

Back