My new shop baby

I wonder if maybe what you're hearing is the "carrier frequency" of the VFD? You could go into the parameters, and change that to a higher frequency, and see if the "buzz" either goes away, or at least changes noticeably.

Jeff; this is a static converter not a VFD, there are no adjustments that I am aware of but thanks for the input.......... :encourage:
I guess I could switch two of the three wires and see if that does it; I switched two already to change the rotation
maybe a different sequence will fix it ..................

Thanks Charlie, Once the wrinkles are fixed life will be also ..............................;)

Jeff; this is a static converter not a VFD, there are no adjustments that I am aware of but thanks for the input.......... :encourage:
I guess I could switch two of the three wires and see if that does it; I switched two already to change the rotation
maybe a different sequence will fix it ..................
Oh shoot! I wasn't paying attention. Forget everything I said........except nice job!

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here we are, power feed is installed and she's cleaned up purty good..
Kinda screwed the pooch today and that is all I got done feed works OK and head motor too.
Other than the annoying buzz in the phase converter life is good with her.
She don't look like new but she looks better than she did on arrival, here's some pics................................. :encourage:

thumbnail_20201017_182654.jpgthumbnail_20201017_182709.jpgthumbnail_20201017_182740.jpgthumbnail_20201017_182801.jpgthumbnail_20201017_182816.jpg

Tomorrow the tramming will be done and vice installed for
first cutting, then clean up the shop it looks like a tornado went through it !!............... :big grin:

This is my first phase converter so I am in the dark on what is right or wrong, according to the destructions I have it wired
properly and the buzz is not described in them.
Investigation will be performed ................

Mine buzzes too, I wonder if maybe the guys who don't hear it maybe went to a few rock concerts;)

I sure did but am now religious about wearing hearing protection when I'm working with most power tools. I have mine wired to a plug that I pull out when not in use.

John

Mine buzzes too, I wonder if maybe the guys who don't hear it maybe went to a few rock concerts;)

I sure did but am now religious about wearing hearing protection when I'm working with most power tools. I have mine wired to a plug that I pull out when not in use.

John

Nice job NCB! Look forward to seeing first chips!

<snip>
first cutting, then clean up the shop it looks like a tornado went through it !!............... :big grin:
I've noticed that about projects ... entropy can be reduced in small areas at a time, but at a cost of being spread to the surrounding areas.

The mill looks very good! And I enjoyed seeing the trees and hills outside your door (4th photo).

John
There should be tuning parameters that you can adjust to minimize the VFD whine.

There should be tuning parameters that you can adjust to minimize the VFD whine.
And I would do just that if it were a VFD, But, it's a static phase converter and the buzz doesn't bother me. Just a reminder to unplug it and eventually put a switch on the wall next to it.

John

Back