My time has come..........surgery

It's been a week, how you feeling?
Hi yes,a week and two days. The pain is bearable,which is not much at all, but what gets me is the the stiffness. My leg has shorter by about 15mm or a bit more, can't remember,for 13years and now everything must be stretched to length. Old scar tissues are tearing away from the muscles inside and THAT burns like a mother. It feels like you heated up two small gardend rakes to red hot,plunged them into my outer thigh, where they originaly operated to put me back together after my bike accident, and then pull them appart. It is excruciating.

But on the bright side,walking with crutches is going better and better every day,and I am scheduled for a follow-up on the 12th with my Dr.

Thank you very much for your concern and checking up. I realy appreciate it and it just shows once again what quality of people is on H-M

:danke:

Michael

Hi @Jason812 ,I just wanted to say that you must not be put off or scared by my experience, because you must remember your situation is totaly different from mine. I have muscle damage and nerve damage in my leg from my femur bone coming through the muscle and breaking skin at the time of the accident in 09'. Sorry if I sound a bit graffic,although there is lots more I can say. My point is,according to members here and other sources, total hip replacement is not so painful under normal circumstances. Apparently knee replacement is much worse pain wise and recovery time wise.

Good luck with yours,whenever you decide to do it and let us know if you want to.

Michael

Hi @Jason812 ,I just wanted to say that you must not be put off or scared by my experience, because you must remember your situation is totaly different from mine. I have muscle damage and nerve damage in my leg from my femur bone coming through the muscle and breaking skin at the time of the accident in 09'. Sorry if I sound a bit graffic,although there is lots more I can say. My point is,according to members here and other sources, total hip replacement is not so painful under normal circumstances. Apparently knee replacement is much worse pain wise and recovery time wise.

Good luck with yours,whenever you decide to do it and let us know if you want to.

Michael
I can't imagine what that feels like.

Stay with the PT and once you get it stretched out, it will be worth it.

you guys with the hips and knees are lucky. mainstream stuff. try getting an elbow fixed.

Back