Mystery spacer

Got me one of these here Gardener’s Kneeler & Seat thingamabobs off Amazon three years ago to save my knees and help getting back up when there wasn’t anything close by to lean on (then lost 90 lbs. and have only used it occasionally):

View attachment 471704
for me it's the closed cell foam pads. One in the basement, one in the garage, and one in the shed. I am having problems playing volleyball, the diving is causing problems, I can't get up after beating my knees (w/gel pads) against the floor.

for me it's the closed cell foam pads. One in the basement, one in the garage, and one in the shed. I am having problems playing volleyball, the diving is causing problems, I can't get up after beating my knees (w/gel pads) against the floor.
Yes, I used them, too (still do to cushion my knees). The kneeler has a closed cell pad built in, but the biggest help was the supports on each side: very easy to push myself up.

Actually found an old ensolite camping pad, I'll use that to cushion my knees and rest the body on. Want to minimize the number times I have to get up and go tromping off to find whatever silly tool that's not within reach. Think I'll gather up my Chapman screwdriver set, some ignition wrenches, maybe some pliers for a start.

Ooh! Adjustable height collapsing stools! Cushy to be able to pick the "just right" height, and they are also handy when you need to block something that is in the 3" to "stool" height range...

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Ooh! Adjustable height collapsing stools! Cushy to be able to pick the "just right" height, and they are also handy when you need to block something that is in the 3" to "stool" height range...

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
Would be great to be able to use one, but this is at the kick plate level on the floor.

I need to remove screws that are 1" off the floor. This is a dish drawer style dishwasher, so the drawer pulls out. The kick plate is held on to the drawer by two screws on each side of the drawer, right at floor level. This is a on your knees or on your side type job, unless you were 3" tall! Once the kick plate is off, then I can see the jacking mechanism, if I'm at floor level.

As for the spacer. It sounds like it's a foot leveling pad. I've seen them on thousands of machines. It's used to disperse the load of a leveling screw foot.
That would also explain the dishwasher tilt.

I’m always amazed how closely parallel my life is mirrored by stuff going here on HM. My SO has learned to not just hand me stuff when something goes wrong. It’s enough of a mystery to find some crazy part on the floor but then to be handed it with no clue where it was on the floor…..it’s a mystery with no evidence. She has learned if there is something going on to go get me.

I too have several ex yoga pads and close cell kneeling pads around.

Just Thursday I was supposed to take a road trip and the weather was looking very iffy (flooding down south)and I wasn’t feellin’ it. So I called and cancelled feeling very wussy, but as I got off the phone I walked into the kitchen and was greeted by a mystery dripping sound in the sink. I realized the drip was coming down the cord/chain for the hanging light fixture over the sink and splashing all over the fixture/shade and into the sink! There had been a couple of inches of rain and didn’t know if it was the skylight over the sink or the roof. Got up on the roof and the only thing that looked iffy was moss or lichen growing between the frame and skylight. Got up in our silly little attic and could see nothing as the trunk for the skylight completely occluded the area. So needless to say those two excursions which wouldn’t have been a big deal a decade ago were all the sudden painful and taxing. I did decide the skylight was probably the culprit and got a HD painters drop cloth and put it over the skylight and that stopped the scary dripping.

I do feel for ya Wobblyhand as doing stuff down low sux. Good luck.

Speaking of dishwashers, ours has started acting up. It doesn't always fill. When it doesn't I have to turn it off and start again. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries, other times 10. I've convinced myself it's either the fill valve or the control board. The valve is about $20, but I have to pull the unit out of it's cubby. The circuit board is $120 and is in the door. My wife is getting impatient waiting for me to decide which way to jump.

Speaking of dishwashers, ours has started acting up. It doesn't always fill. When it doesn't I have to turn it off and start again. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries, other times 10. I've convinced myself it's either the fill valve or the control board. The valve is about $20, but I have to pull the unit out of it's cubby. The circuit board is $120 and is in the door. My wife is getting impatient waiting for me to decide which way to jump.
have you ever cleaned it with vinegar. It could be crud from hard water.

Back