Mystery spacer

have you ever cleaned it with vinegar. It could be crud from hard water.
I have not. Our water has very low mineral content, but still some. Since it would be the fill valve, I assume I would have to remove it to clean it.

Speaking of dishwashers, ours has started acting up. It doesn't always fill. When it doesn't I have to turn it off and start again. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries, other times 10. I've convinced myself it's either the fill valve or the control board. The valve is about $20, but I have to pull the unit out of it's cubby. The circuit board is $120 and is in the door. My wife is getting impatient waiting for me to decide which way to jump.
Dishwashers are surprisingly easy to remove and reinstall.
I can pull mine and reinstall it in less than 20 minutes.

Turn off the breaker and then remove the two screws that hold it to the counter top. Slide it out. Disconnect the water lines and the electrical and it's out.

Depending on how old it is, I doubt the controller board is the problem.

Dishwashers are surprisingly easy to remove and reinstall.
I can pull mine and reinstall it in less than 20 minutes.

Turn off the breaker and then remove the two screws that hold it to the counter top. Slide it out. Disconnect the water lines and the electrical and it's out.

Depending on how old it is, I doubt the controller board is the problem.
I agree with you - as long as the original installer did a proper job. Sometimes they don't. I experienced one of those. I ripped it out after the dishwasher started smoking one holiday gathering. Truly a ghastly installation with interwoven electrical and plumbing. Every possible short cut was taken, there was zero done to enhance or even allow service.

The next install I did. It was orderly and separated the utilities and even had a proper union for the hot water pipe. It no longer screeched when operating, since the pipes were properly sized. Lasted quite a while. It was easy to remove, because I installed it with that in mind.

When we redid the kitchen, we had a new dishwasher installed, the same kind as last time, a dish drawer style. It's actually two drawers, one over the other. This is the one that's tilted. After breakfast I will find out about the work ethic of that installer. Hoping it wasn't the younger brother (or son) of the first guy!

For better or worse, I was the original installer. Yes, it will come out fairly easily. This is one of those jobs that I make more of in my mind than it actually is. Going to order the valve today, that will get me moving.

This whole thread, and the only picture is a kneeling stool. No pictures of spacers or dishwashers. What is HM coming to? ;)

We have quartz countertops. Not wanting to rely on two little screws to hold the dishwasher when a rack full of dishes is pulled out, I bolted the dishwasher to the floor. It takes a bit more effort to pull the unit out but I had to do it a couple of times recently, once for a broken door spring and once for a leaking gasket on the heating element so now I have the routine down pat.

This whole thread, and the only picture is a kneeling stool. No pictures of spacers or dishwashers. What is HM coming to? ;)
Sorry, I hang my head in shame. ;)

Actually not much to take a picture of. Constricted space where you can't get your hands in, until I found the installation manual, which gave me the clue that the drawer was removable from it's sliders. That helped a lot! Before, I couldn't even see the top of the leveling screw, nor could I get a wrench on it. Wrench was 5mm. Installation manual was mute on fastener size.

Adjusting the screws on one side revealed the flooring was compressing under the leveling foot. So I found a scrap piece of roughly 2 x 3 x 1/8" aluminum to spread the load some more. This did the trick (for now) and I was able to raise the drawer frame up enough so there's no dragging of the drawer on the tile floor. It's not perfect, but it is level side to side, and level enough for a cantilevered system when the drawer is out.

Only took an hour and a half, and half, a dozen getting up off the floors to go find tools, scrap, wedges, etc. At least it is functional. Good thing, we have company starting tomorrow for a week. It's not quite centered, that will have to wait for another day. Second time around ought to be a lot easier!

To make you happy, I'll take a picture :) The fixed dishwasher, and that silly small block of particle board that fell from who knows where. There is a kick plate for the last 3 inches to the floor, it was that which was dragging, not the stainless part.
PXL_20231224_165917082.jpg

Victory, on both the dishwasher and photographic fronts! While the wafer mystery remains unsolved, 2 out of 3 makes for a good day.

For the life of me, I couldn't find a picture of a woman, in a bikini, kneeling in front of a dishwasher (unless I went to some risky sites).
Every time I searched for anything like "bikini" and "Dishwasher" all I got was a woman in a bikini in a kitchen. Some were even washing dishes.

For the life of me, I couldn't find a picture of a woman, in a bikini, kneeling in front of a dishwasher (unless I went to some risky sites).
Every time I searched for anything like "bikini" and "Dishwasher" all I got was a woman in a bikini in a kitchen. Some were even washing dishes.
Quite the image, but exactly why were you searching for this? :)

Back