Mystery Tools

I have a tool??? I've been trying for fifty years to find out what it is or does. The best I can figure it's really a quack doctor devise. It carries old time 1920s screw top batteries in the back of its case . It's beautiful wooden box , has wires to terminals , and some contact points in an arch. Two brass nickel plated hollow tubes the wires hook too. That store in bored holes in the outside of the box. If I can get my kids to get it off the shelf ill take pictures or video it. Dynamite detonator ???? Battery charger ???? Never found a picture or seen another.

My interest in mystery tools was piqued early on. My best friend from jr. high on worked all of high school for a couple who were homeopaths in our home town. Their huge nice old house was their office and they lived in the second story appt. One room was for dentistry, one for surgery and I don't remember what all else. When we were in high school they were already in their 80's and had basically retired. But the down stairs was in perfect order, ready to go. I went through with him one time while he was taking care of the grounds.

When they passed he got all kinds of crazy stuff. He gave me a box of all stainless clamps/fixtures and stuff for doing dentistry/surgery so I was told. I have no idea where that stuff went as a youngin' I was a nomad until I got married in my '30's so stuff got tossed when I moved and changed jobs and schools.

One of the other things that stick in my mind was this big non descript box that looked like an industrial power amp. The story was that the homeopaths could do surgery if this thing was powered up and inscissions wouldn't bleed! But they couldn't use it because when it was going it would scramble all radio communications in the area. And because we were close to an Air Force B52 training base they were banned from using it. I often wish I still had the clampsfixtures as they were very well made but it was not easy to tell what they did. I'm sure now they would be ripe for repurpose :)

Back