Need Semi-Slim Scale Recommendation

The defective surface is the face that goes down against the magnetic strip and picks up the position signal. The mounting specs say to position that face about 1mm from the strip. Not an ideal situation. It may be possible to scrap off the bubbled platting, and seal the surface with something, but that's not my first choice. Good news, the seller messaged me stating that they will arrange shipping me a new sensor. Fingers crossed on this.
Ah, didn't know it was a magnetic one. Thought it was glass.

No, I wouldn't want to do that either. A new read head should do the trick. Hope you get it soon. My scales haven't left China yet... Trying to be patient...

For what it's worth, you can purchase mag and glass scales from https://www.aikrondro.com They have standad and slim scales in the magnetic version. Their slim magnetic scale body AUMS scale is only 16mm x 9mm thick, then however long you need. Their AOMS standard body scale is only 29mm x 12mm.

The magnetic tap is identical in both, the larger size body/frame is just beefier. Their read heads are the same for both scale sizes. Then it's must a matter of 1 or 5 micron resolution you want.

What I have liked about Aikron is that you can purchase their scales ala cart and most of the time, it doesn't matter what length, they are all the same price for given range. Since most of the cost in the scales, I added their DRO, but plans to switch to Touch DRO in the future.

Seller keeps promising to replace the sensor, but it's been 9 days and no shipment of the replacement part. I'm concerned that the dispute window will close with Aliexpress, so I filed a formal dispute today. Gotta hold them accountable, or I think they may try to skate.

Seller keeps promising to replace the sensor, but it's been 9 days and no shipment of the replacement part. I'm concerned that the dispute window will close with Aliexpress, so I filed a formal dispute today. Gotta hold them accountable, or I think they may try to skate.
You do have to keep their feet to the fire, or nothing happens.

My glass scales came in last week, both seem to work. They were pretty well packed. I should have bought a slim scale for the cross slide, this one is pretty big, but I am going to try to mount what I have. Probably start on that next week.

Got tracking info for the replacement sensor a couple of days after filing the dispute. Fingers crossed this one will be better.

any update on this?

Thanks for asking...
The new read head arrived and looks good. Sadly, I haven't gotten the DRO up and running yet, so I can't give an overall review, but I do like the medium small size of these magnetic scales. They are MUCH smaller and easier to mount than a glass scale.

The Driton scale is moving very quickly through the shipping process. They use FedEx, so that helps greatly. Ordered 1/30, delivery scheduled 2/11. Not bad!

Hope I didn't mess up when ordering this scale, though. It's RS422 type, and I think my other scale is TTL. Is this going to cause any problems? And what's the difference anyway, from a functional standpoint? I'm hoping it's just a matter of using a different pin-out on the DB9 connectors.

Can anyone help a noob who also has this question?

Back