NSFW Never stop paying attention

Warning: thread may contain photos that are not for the squeamish.

Just for fun

Tim Young
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Yesterday while working on cleaning up the debris that busted off our Maple tree during the heavy wet snow we got a little over a week ago. I was using our chipper shredder chipping up some of the branches the shoot got stacked up against the door (Not Plugged) I lifted the door and for the life of me I don't know why but I reached down to knock the debris out with my right hand, stupid, stupid, stupid. Got to close and hit the tip of my ring finger. I normally do that with a pitchfork and have never had a problem. Busted up the bone on tip of the finger also, I don't know if it's necessary but I'm going to reach out to an orthopedic clinic on Monday to see if they will look at the x-ray.

Anyway, I got to thinking about how close I was to the end of the pile, and I don't know what else, but I seemed to forget just dangerous the chipper was and made a stupid move.

20221117_091935.jpg

20221118_173605.jpg

Yesterday while working on cleaning up the debris that busted off our Maple tree during the heavy wet snow we got a little over a week ago. I was using our chipper shredder chipping up some of the branches the shoot got stacked up against the door (Not Plugged) I lifted the door and for the life of me I don't know why but I reached down to knock the debris out with my right hand, stupid, stupid, stupid. Got to close and hit the tip of my ring finger. I normally do that with a pitchfork and have never had a problem. Busted up the bone on tip of the finger also, I don't know if it's necessary but I'm going to reach out to an orthopedic clinic on Monday to see if they will look at the x-ray.

Anyway, I got to thinking about how close I was to the end of the pile, and I don't know what else, but I seemed to forget just dangerous the chipper was and made a stupid move.

View attachment 427247

View attachment 427248

I've done a few stupid things myself over the years. One thumb is an 1/8" shorter than the other as the result of one. I sometimes wonder why I'm still alive. The good news is that it could have been much worse. Your finger will heal and you will have a constant reminder never to get that close to the shredder knives again.

Jeez Tim. Glad it wasn't worse. Accidents can happen so fast. I have started to make a point of going slower and trying to think things through because I have had too many close calls.

Edit: Love your tractor! I own a B2601 with 25 hours on it so far. :grin:

Ouch ! Whenever I have to go into a running machine , I go into with something soft . If it hits the blades or extruder screw , "it" gets chewed up and not the machine or my hand . Love the Bota . L3900 ?

When i was still working for a living, we had a safety slogan " What If ". Try to apply that to everyday life and work, it may save you a lot of pain and heart ache and possibly even your life.

Yep, I'm more bummed about my lack of safety then I am my finger getting damaged. Of all the years of owning this machine I have never got my hands that close. One moment of lack of judgement and I got injured. I have always used a pitchfork to lift the door and knock the stuff out of there. Like I said I have no idea where my lack of judgement came from. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid !! Anyway, At least I didn't lose my whole finger or worse.

Back