New 935 Is Running!

BUT, if something did happen, Eisen is selling a cool looking chromed handle that would probably fit right on there. :rolleyes:
Oh don't worry, I could weld it up for you so it looks like all the others, then you wouldn't have to get a chromed one. Maybe I would even weld it slightly crooked like the last one a dealt with, man does that feel weird when you turn it! Needless to say I cut it apart and re-welded it.

As long as you get in a habbit of pulling the handle and flipping it you shouldn't have to worry.
...and don't back into it with a hi-lo (probably pretty safe there).

While we are at it, why not round over and bust off a few of the teeth so the handle is difficult to engage and slips if you don't push against it while cranking? LOL

Are you going to do 4 axis on the DRO? i.e x,y,z knee, z spindle.

DroPros does offer the EL700 in a 4-axis, but I thought I'd get more use out of the 3-axis (knee) plus touch probe configuration. I've not used a electronic touch probe, so the 'cool factor' probably swayed my decision. And then there's the 3-d screen so I can better visualize things like arcs and pockets. My rotary table may be spending even more time in the toolbox drawer once I figure out how to drive this EL700... :)

If in the future I need better accuracy on the quill I'll put a good quality digital scale on there.

You old guys and your fancy thingamawhatchits, sheesh! Back in my day we were happy enough having a computer controlled the machine. Now you need a computer to control the person that controls the machine?

Last edited:
Toys, dude. :D

So unless I trip and fall face first into a pile of money sometime in the future, I think I'm good on the lathe and mill front. A slightly larger band saw is scheduled for this spring/summer, so i'll be good there as well. What else?

I still am toying with the idea of that small surface grinder that Griz sells. I've talked to a few folks that have it and they give it a passing grade for what it is. And it doesn't weigh a half-ton or more, which suits me just fine.

Besides, you know me, I'd take the darn thing apart and start 'improving' it anyway. ;)

Nice to hear you got her purring.... how about some action video?

There is always welding to consider...

Been thinking about that. It would be nice to be able to do small welding jobs to support my shooting hobbies. My mentor had a TIG setup at his shop, but those things are expensive. And I worry about fumes and sparks in an attached garage. I need to do some more research on this.

Tig won't produce to much spark. And as far as fumes you'll never notice them in a small shop environment you would have to be a full time fabricator welding crappy dirty steel to get any measurable amount of fumes. Gas Mig will throw some sparks but not much (not recomended for gun smithing) and relatively low amount of fumes. I've spent many hours in the garage mig welding with no adverse affects.
Flux core mig and stick welding however will make all kinds of slag mess and smoke. Also neither are good for gun smithing

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Nice to hear you got her purring.... how about some action video?

I've turned it on, but I wouldn't call it 'operational' just yet. Saturday I'll start on attaching the accessories and figuring out the DRO scale mounting. X and Y will be a piece of cake, but I'm not sure about where or how to install the scale for the knee. Matt says his guys will be doing some installations on a few 935s and has promised me some pics. :)

Different subject: There is a grease nipple on the head, so I need to get a small grease gun. Any recommendations on type of grease for this thing?

Back