New mill Wells-Index 745

I also looked up the light, as I love to buy 2 or 3, but DAMN!!, I’ve bought full licensable, road worthy cars for less than the cost of one of those light. I still want them, its just as Ponitac428 said, ithe cost is CPR inducing.

The vision worx 2.0 light is very nice quality piece but for sure it is pricey, $125 USD is what I paid. Of course being in Canada I had to pay extra shipping and import taxes on top of that. The imported knock-offs looks like they are less than half that price but even from the pictures the quality looks lacking and I've had too many faulty imported electronics and chargers that failed quickly, so I didn't want to go that route.
Vison worx shipped the light within a few hours of my purchase and I get a full life time warranty on every part of the light with vision worx so I shouldn't have to every worry about it failing, if it does I just send it back and get a new one free of charge.
Its just sort of my personal philosophy that for the most part I'd rather have fewer good quality tools than lots of cheap stuff (at least for the tools I use often) and the light is something I'll use everytime I use the mill.

Your light looks similar but more powerful to the ones I have on my reloading presses. They work great!

Member "mksj" posted plans on making your own and it uses an LED ring assembly intended for a car. Probably $25 into it tops.

Last edited:
You must have bought it directly from Vision-Worx, my price from a a supplier was $225, big difference.

Last edited:
For $125, I'd be considering it. But $225 can buy a lot of light in any sector.

If I had a Mill, I for one would spend the money on this. Good lighting is critical. I have LED lighting on my reloading press. The difference is amazing. At $125 that is not much more than the $75 I paid for my presses lighting.

I must have been looking at the "4.0" version, which is $225, vs. the "2.0" version with half as many LEDs. Must have to do with quill diameter?

I must have been looking at the "4.0" version, which is $225, vs. the "2.0" version with half as many LEDs. Must have to do with quill diameter?

The 2.0 version is meant to go around the spindle v.s the 4.0 version which is meant to go around the quill. Thus the 4.0 version is larger.

I think there are a few sizes in between also.

For my R8 spindle model 745 the 2.0 version fits perfect around the spindle, i never looked into which one would fit around the quill.

Back