New model of a small mill coming, some manufacturing pics from the factory to look at.

Gorgeous! I also like the head tram adjustment. The finish looks amazing. I see there is plenty of clearance for a ball nut. I'm sold but I think I'm gonna wait for the DRO.
Robert

How / where does this mill fit in the line-up? Is it roughly equivalent to a 727V but with tighter tolerances? It concerns me that it's about #100 lighter than the 727V. I wish the 833T came with a Brushless DC motor like the 30MV. Any chance of this happening in the future?

Does it have a belt drive? Or gears? It does look like a much better build and quality than the 932 PDF mills.
CH

I’ve been flipping between the PM 833 and this new 728 for a while. Have emailed Matt several times with questions and received useful answers.
All else aside, I’d rather have the larger machine, for the work envelope and power. Looking at work volume per dollar, the 728 costs about 15% more, and quite a bit more per hp. So the question to me is, do the other advantages of the 728 make up for the price, size and power? Those advantages would be triple angular contact spindle bearings, variable speed, and top rpm. The head tram adjusting screw is a small bonus.
I still haven’t decided if I should give up the power and table size of the 833. I need to realistically evaluate the work I want to do, which I haven’t really figured out yet. Flip flop, flip flop.

Sorry its been a while since I have replied, just a ton of things going on here. The machines will be in here any day now. We have been playing with a few of them here in the shop for a while, its really a nice little mill. Something I would be happy to have in my own shop (and we do, some of the guys have been using one)

Also just updated the PM-833T to a TV Model, that one is now available in variable speed.

We are working out the DRO and X Power Feed options for the new 728 now. Its not a matter of can we install a DRO, but I just need to decide which one we will offer. Standard optic glass scales, or the magnetic. The hard part is the price, the magnetic DRO is definitely higher, so we will see. Maybe we will just have both for a while.

Hey Matt- I see these are now listed as "in stock" on the website! If I want one with a DRO what is the approximate lead time?
Thanks
Robert

Back