New Pm 727m Mill

Thanks Chad, it sounds like you are thinking a lot like I am. I think the 727 will do all I need but....bigger is always better. I don't really want a mill the size of a BP in my shop. It would take too much room, room that is needed for other machines and equipment. Rigging a 727 with power z and a few other things are the reason I wonder about the 932. A somewhat modded 727 would be more than enough for any uses in my shop, but the 932 shouldn't need to be modded at all. It has a better stand and lots more weight. I won't use a mill hard just projects that come up around the place and such.

I can buy a lot of tooling for the difference in cost too. Thanks again.

Speaking of a powered z on a 727, here's what I did to my week old 727 today. Been trying for 2 hours to upload the video of the build to YouTube, but giving up for the night. Will try again in the morning to upload it.

View attachment 208151

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks good Lee. I would like to see your build. I'm not up on the electronics to run it but would like to have power z if I get a 727. I have blown out both of my shoulders over the years and think it would help. Thanks for posting this. If you start a thread let me know.

Just chiming in here.. I am now the proud owner of a PM727M and a PM1228LBVF Lathe.

Also pointing out I am in Raleigh... seems like a lot of North Carolina based PM Owners!

Noob here. Was a day away from ordering a PM-25 mill, and then read posts on this forum and thread. Ended up going with the PM727.
Then the fun part began. Clearing space, running power, building a base, locating years of government auction purchases of mill accessories, un-creating, riging/hoisting, break in/oil change/clean up, I'm happy to report that chips have been made...and they havent stopped!

Noob here. Was a day away from ordering a PM-25 mill, and then read posts on this forum and thread. Ended up going with the PM727.
Then the fun part began. Clearing space, running power, building a base, locating years of government auction purchases of mill accessories, un-creating, riging/hoisting, break in/oil change/clean up, I'm happy to report that chips have been made...and they havent stopped!

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you got your 727 up and running. I also considered the PM-25 and 727 during my shopping for a mill. I think either are good choices. You do realize now that the bug has bitten you are on a long slippery slope of more tooling/ equipment!

Good choice. Had mine for nearly a year and very happy with it.

. You do realize now that the bug has bitten you are on a long slippery slope of more tooling/ equipment!
Thanx...that bug bit me years ago. (That's why the buying of "the small stuff" in hopes of one day).

Congratulations and welcome! Of course you realize that without pictures we don't believe a word of it! :grin:

Once I figure out how to, photo will be uploaded...never mind, think I got it

20170325_152322.jpg

Last edited:
Back