New PM-728V-T Mill

Looks like your missing the extension cable from Priest.

Let us know how you like it when it up and running.

Jerry

Thanks for the kind words!
That is the PM-1228VF-LB lathe. I have had it about almost a year and it does everything I need for my retirement hobby projects. Plus it fits my work space, spend a lot of time in that area each day.
I ended up getting the 1340GT

Setting the C86ACCP does the job for when e-stop or if there is a servo fault. Of course when the power is turned off the head needs to be locked or a support needs to be used.

Not sure if I can give them any helpful info. I don't know if the tuning software saves any info that would help. You could ask them.
I asked this question on the Centroid Acorn forum as well -- If there is a servo fault, how can I stop the spindle's DC motor? Is there a way to use the Relay OUT1 signal from Acorn to achieve this?

I already have an E-stop configured which stops both the spindle and also disconnects Acorn's E-Stop input 8 from COM. This effectively stops all the motors. To stop the spindle I use a contactor. I also have a Z-axis lock which is triggered by the Acorn during E-stop to prevent this z-axis from slipping down.

However, if there is a servo fault, I'm not sure how I can stop the spindle. Thanks for any help/pointers.

Also, I should mention that at this time I don't plan to use the Acorn's VFD features to control the 727VT's brushless DC spindle hence the need for an external mechanism to stop the spindle in case of a servo fault.

Last edited:
Back