New PM-728V-T Mill

I call it Save-A-Deck, John Deere does a lot of good things but not this - the front deck hanger on some zero-turns, after 200 hours, will "saw" thru the tabs and your 3 options are to either weld something on, replace the deck ($1,000.00), or buy this !

Attachments

• JD_3_s.png
    JD_3_s.png
    657 KB · Views: 168
  • save_a_deck_2.jpg
    save_a_deck_2.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 152
Hey everyone! Happy president's day!!! I'm planning on getting the Priest Tools accessories for my 728, so my question is..... Does anybody here have any experience with the Priest Tools accessories? Or have any opinions regarding this matter. Greatly appreciated

I'm curious on the Priest Tools as well.

Last edited:
61826826-AB18-4D61-B000-706178D1BDCF.jpeg

So..... the 728 finally arrived today!!! With a couple of buddies we were able to move it to the basement. Checking all the ancillary that was purchased along with the mill. I’m just missing the Stand is all. PM said that the next batch is in March, so I got plenty of time to read the manual and prepare a good location for the mill.

Managed to get the mill across my yard and into my shop without incident. I haven't trammed it in yet, but I fired it up and put it through the first running procedure.

PXL_20210221_032714633.jpg

One thing I noticed is that the spindle makes a weird noise and vibrates a bit when I move the quill while the mill is running. Is this normal? Or did I goof something up?

Managed to get the mill across my yard and into my shop without incident. I haven't trammed it in yet, but I fired it up and put it through the first running procedure.

View attachment 356331

One thing I noticed is that the spindle makes a weird noise and vibrates a bit when I move the quill while the mill is running. Is this normal? Or did I goof something up?
Looks really nice! How is your spindle Fine feed? Mine got a little hiccup spot... its a kind of stiff spot at the same place for every full knob rotation. I contacted PM and was told that they'll check up with their people and would get back to me.

thank you for the suggestion. I ordered mine with the DRO... Would that interfere or making it more difficult to removing the table and head?
On mine, the DRO scales and cables came attached but the display and bracket were in a separate box. You will have to exercise some extra care to avoid damage to the scales and cables but otherwise I think it shouldn't stop removal.

I turned my stairs into a ramp with a couple of 2x6's and eased the pallet down the stairs with a chain hoist so I avoided diassembly.

Back