New PM-728V-T Mill

Hey everyone! Happy president's day!!! I'm planning on getting the Priest Tools accessories for my 728, so my question is..... Does anybody here have any experience with the Priest Tools accessories? Or have any opinions regarding this matter. Greatly appreciated
I considered the Priest Tools quill stop, but I wasn't a fan how of how it appears the hard stop is attached to the machine with those two tiny little front panel screws. Maybe they will, but I'm skeptical they will hold a lot of downforce if you hit the stop hard or put any significant downforce on it. I'm currently designing/prototyping my own that uses other bolt holes in the machine. Will post a separate thread when complete.

So the culprit for the stiff spot in the Fine Spindle Feed was a dent spot on the worm gear shaft set screw slot. Probably caused by assembly person whom was not careful and screwed the set screw off spot. The set screw pressed and gouged out that spot and caused the damage in the slot. I was able to file it down and straighten out the slot and the Fine Feed is functioning much nicer.
CC769B99-4DE3-408D-9EA8-5F245C1610CF.jpeg

My PM728 is on its way. Should have it by the end of next week.

I will immediately start the conversion to CNC. I have done the bench test with Acorn. Electrical box arrives today. My TTS tools have arrived. Need to order some more end mills.

Pretty exciting.

Jerry

Another 728 issue: the upper line of my "one shot" oiler will not stay primed and leaks back to the reservoir. So to fill the line takes 5 or six pumps. So it's actually a 6 shot oiler. Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a defective oiler?
Robert

Another 728 issue: the upper line of my "one shot" oiler will not stay primed and leaks back to the reservoir. So to fill the line takes 5 or six pumps. So it's actually a 6 shot oiler. Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a defective oiler?
Robert
I had a similar issue only to find out that I had to keep the oil filled up more. Try topping the oil off to the top of the reservoir and see if that helps. I thought my oiler was broken at first.

Now I can find it!

Although the mill is top-notch, the spindle wrench leaves something to be desired. Just feels cheap. So I added some "speed holes" which helps with tool changes - it's much faster :) - then a new coat of orange paint so it stands out.

JK

Attachments

• PM_wrench.jpg
    PM_wrench.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 131
Has anyone else installed a Priest Tools spindle brake? I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong when wiring the switch in. The cable that's crimped onto the switch doesn't seem long enough. The instructions mention an extension cable, but I didn't get anything like that with my spindle brake. Am I just being dumb/missing the point? Or was I supposed to get an extension cable with the spindle brake? (I know this is only tangentially related.)

Has anyone else installed a Priest Tools spindle brake? I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong when wiring the switch in. The cable that's crimped onto the switch doesn't seem long enough. The instructions mention an extension cable, but I didn't get anything like that with my spindle brake. Am I just being dumb/missing the point? Or was I supposed to get an extension cable with the spindle brake? (I know this is only tangentially related.)
I have not but the install doc does seem to talk about an extension cable. I would assume it ties into the cover kill switch. If was not included give him a call.
p tools.JPG

Back