"new" Sb Heavy 10 For Me!

SPLASH!!!! What an entrance,that is one fantastic lathe and its ready to go.Welcome sir to the forum----kroll

Haha! Thanks! I honestly have never worked on smaller lathe. I grew up in a family business machine shop and the smallest machine we've ever had is a 13" and it feels tiny. But I am excited about this one! I think it was made in 81 so its not "old" American iron, but it's a nice compromise. Hard ways and cam lock spindle are nice "modern" touches. Plus, it'll be great for my home shop when I get to put that all together.

Funny thing is, a friend of mine has a friend locally to has a small lathe he's trying to sale and asked if I'd be interested. I'd already bought this one but I told him I'd love to look at it. Turns out, it is another Heavy 10 from 81 with hard ways and cam lock and a 4-1/2' bed! I was in shock. It also has the taper attachment and other tooling (I'm hoping steady/follow rests) so I offered the guy $1400 and am going to look at (hopefully buy) it this weekend. I wouldn't have guessed there would be one ANYWHERE CLOSE to me. The one I already bought is shipping from Boston. lol

Back