New shop! (was: Multiple buildings, ...)

When I had my shop put up, my wife and I leveled the site real nice. But by the time the builders showed up the weather turned bad. It turned super muddy inside the building. The bulder cleaned it out with his skid steer and piled all the mud next to the building. Oh well, they did a great job building the building. And we're a joy to be around. Not so much with a couple other buildings we had built.

d freezing rain, and then snow. The town is shutdown.
Well it's probably not going to help you any, but I sure did enjoy the extra three days off this week. Can't say I made a bit of progress on anything, but yep...sure was nice. Three snow days! I haven't experienced that since grade school.

Progress85B7B589-6263-4792-BFE7-2FF87095C57A.jpeg

I’ve been inviting the crew to come into my smaller shop to eat lunch, otherwise they pack 5 guys in an crew cab pickup to eat out of the weather. Lots of interest in the old machine tools. One of them had run a Monarch lathe much like my Monarch CK.

Unfortunately one of the younger guys got a nail fragment in his eye today. I’ll find out how that worked out tomorrow, they left headed for the doctor.

Good news about the progress on the shop!

Bad news about the guy getting a nail fragment in his eye.

They are now at the waiting to pour concrete phase. Ground needs to dry out a bit inside, which is why the wainscot lower siding is missing. Tentatively pouring next Wednesday.

IMG_4408.JPG
Also on a mostly unrelated front, my Starlink dish shipped today. Interesting that they lost something like 40 just launched satellites recently due to a solar storm.

They are now at the waiting to pour concrete phase. Ground needs to dry out a bit inside, which is why the wainscot lower siding is missing. Tentatively pouring next Wednesday.

View attachment 395789
Also on a mostly unrelated front, my Starlink dish shipped today. Interesting that they lost something like 40 just launched satellites recently due to a solar storm.
looking good, 40 of 49 were destroyed, and are burning up on re-entry. Apparently the solar wind was so strong it caused major drag that could not be overcome. I was not able to find out how much that cost them.

looking good, 40 of 49 were destroyed, and are burning up on re-entry. Apparently the solar wind was so strong it caused major drag that could not be overcome. I was not able to find out how much that cost them.
Hmm, what I saw was that solar activity causes the earth's atmosphere to expand, not directly solar wind. These were ones destine for a lower orbit than some of the others. I wonder if they'll go back to the drawing board on those orbits.

Hmm, what I saw was that solar activity causes the earth's atmosphere to expand, not directly solar wind. These were ones destine for a lower orbit than some of the others. I wonder if they'll go back to the drawing board on those orbits.
Hope the existing constellation is able to keep up with the bandwidth demand. Losing 82% of the fleet is pretty substantial. Might be a little while before they put up some more satellites. Do you know how many satellites are supposed to be in view at a time?

Astronomers are probably rejoicing at this turn of events. The Starlink satellites have been streaking though many observations.

Your shop is looking great!

Back