New Tig Day - Everlast Powertig 255 Ext (18 Pics)

Craig you are on point, TIG is clean, really clean, low fume heck less than soldering, no spatter, no sparks. I'm not welding boat trailers or farm equipment that's MIG territory or stick. Instead I want my beads to be artist quality. Another reason I like the 255ext is that its quiet, I have not measured it with my decibel meter but even with the fans running its super comfortable from a noise perspective. So TIG welding its quite enjoyable and relaxing, completely opposite the Lincoln 210MP which fans blast WHAAAAAAAAAA at some god awful noise level.

One more thing to watch out for while shopping machines, how low can it go on amps for thin materials. The 255ext can go as low as 3 amps.

I certainly appreciate the input, it made my decision easy. I plan to go with the Everlast 255EXT. I plan to order it in the morning! Thank you for all your input!

For what its worth, I decide on the 255 EX after some research including Coolidge review on his Everlast. Really like the machine although I am new at tig welding. Having welded with oxy/acet, it does not seem unnatural. The tough part is dipping the tungsten, that is the learning curve.
Pretty sure you will like the Everlast.

Well, I have an Everlast 255EXT with water cooler, cart, and flex torches coming this week! I will take some photos as well as removing the cover to look at the quality of the machine.

Thanks for all the helpful information all of you posted!

CraigB, if you don't mind me asking, which torch did you order? Mine came with the 26 and I really don't like it, too big and bulky. I would like to buy something smaller and a lighter hose as well, just haven't decided which one at this time.

CraigB, if you don't mind me asking, which torch did you order? Mine came with the 26 and I really don't like it, too big and bulky. I would like to buy something smaller and a lighter hose as well, just haven't decided which one at this time.

I upgraded to the WP-9F 25FT and WP-20F 25FT. They are their flex heads and are suppose to be lighter. The hose is also more flexible than the ones that come with the machine. Mark gave me a good price and upgraded me to 25' hoses for no charge.

Craig did you remember to buy antifreeze for the cooler, you can get that at your local welding supply. Along with tungsten's, filler rod, gas lens and cups, argon tank, TIG gloves, heck you may as well order a Strong Hand Buildpro welding table while you are at it. :D

Craig did you remember to buy antifreeze for the cooler, you can get that at your local welding supply. Along with tungsten's, filler rod, gas lens and cups, argon tank, TIG gloves, heck you may as well order a Strong Hand Buildpro welding table while you are at it. :D

No, I discussed with Mark and we concluded in Tucson, I only need to run distilled water. (My shop does not freeze).

I purchased a 150cf Argon tank today, along with filler rod at the LWS. Ordered the Tungsten, gas lens, and cups through Everlast. Already have good gloves, hood, etc...and I will build my welding table.

Absolutely never ends though...just like machining and tools.

Just don't know how I will hide the goods from the wife!

Last question. Did you buy your torch, hose, accessories from Everlast?

I bought my CK flexhead water cooled torch and SSC foot pedal from Everlast.

Back