Nice spray mist system for the mill / lathe

kvt,

What voltage would work for you? If 12VDC, than this would be a inexpensive option:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-Solid-...272335306885?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
There are also other NPT port sizes and voltages.

Ken
There are also 1/8" pipe thread versions for about $8. They should be more than big enough for a mister system. I wonder if they will be OK with water in them long term? I know pneumatic valves and cylinders work with oil for low flows, but I wonder about corrosion and sticking plungers with aqueous solutions. Does anybody have experience using water based solutions in solenoid air valves long term?

Bob,

The valve is only in the air supply line. Now, if your air supply is a potential source of "wet" air, you would want to add a coalescing filter upstream of the valve, and regulator (if used).

Ken

Thanks, Ken. I am thinking about a system that has low pressure feed for the coolant, not siphon. It will need a shutoff, which could be the existing needle valve.

Here is the listing I used for the purchase.
Thank you for that post. I've bought 3 and use Green Cut by Lube Corp. in Canada. Great combo!!

Last edited:
Back