No-Spill Container Adapter for Cutting Oil

What is the black meterial you printed the no spill piece from? Looks like abs.
This doesn't look like it would be difficult to make on the lathe even.
I like the telescoping spout.
If you decide to print and sell, and have sorted out a price, put me down for 2. Even tho they could be easily made, it seems these days I haven't time to pick my nose much less make items for the garage that make my life easier. Lol the bench is already full of projects waiting for completion, as well as everyone else's kitchen/basement/bathroom/office lobby/etc, etc, etc... If there were more hours in the day, I'd probably just fill them with more work.
He says in the first post PLA.
I sent a link to my son. He has a new 3D printer. I figured he's looking for things to print.

Ah, I didn't see that. Nor do I know what it is. Lol

I think it's the basic material that printers come with, the easiest to use, probably pretty versatile. Not real sure, but I see it often mentioned.
I'm a 3D idiot, so that's my basic knowledge all in a nutshell.:frown:

You can also make one from pvc if you have the pieces laying around. Or spend a couple dollars and buy the pieces. I made two of them. One with a threaded top for easy clean out and another that's sealed. Both with recessed magnets. Work pretty well.

Edit: whichever way people go about it, nice job OP!

Last edited:
I just finished printing one, and it came out fantastically !!!

A few notes for others:
1) I use Slic3r for my slicer, and had to scale it up by 2540 since Slic3r uses mm instead of inches. When I put it in Simplyfy3D, it popped up and said it would do the conversion automatically. Might be a setting somewhere for this in the slicers ...
2) The first post pictures shows the extension tube pushed down to the bottom of the cup. Not a good idea, it defeats the purpose of the cup. If the fluid level is above the bottom of the extender, the fluid inside the extender will flow out the top when the container is tipped on its' side.

Other than that, I appreciate the post and sharing. It is a fine tool to add to the shop, and will enjoy using it !!

IMG_0316-sm.jpg

IMG_0317-sm.jpg

IMG_0318-sm.jpg

IMG_0319-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Llamatrails! Thank you for posting your print!

I appreciate your feedback and think I’ll go back into the file and put the same notches on the main funnel tube that are in the extension to avoid fluid coming back out.

Actually would it make more sense to not have the extension at all and have the tube much shorter? Either way, keep the comments coming. It’s easy enough to modify the cad and update the ‘thing’. Let’s make it better.

I’ll let you guys know what it would cost to print and share.

I agree it’s easy enough to make on a lathe. But I have too many ‘I could make that’ projects too. If you decide to make one share the photos and drawings. I’d be happy to share dimensioed drawings of this one if they would be of interest or motivation.

Thank you for the interest in this experiment.

Best,
_Mike

Actually would it make more sense to not have the extension at all and have the tube much shorter? Either way, keep the comments coming. It’s easy enough to modify the cad and update the ‘thing’. Let’s make it better.

Not true, the idea of the tube going to the bottom with notches is if the can falls over on the top, the tube would keep it out of the liquid, and only the little that were in the tube would come out.

I asked my son to print one or two. He's telling me it's perfect timing as he is having some problems printing and needs some things to print to work it out.
I plan on mounting it in the lathe and cleaning up the finish inside to smooth it out. Thanks for the file.

Last edited:
Back