Not Looking Good For Fry's Electronics

I bought my shop stereo at Fry's earlier this year, they were able to match or beat Amazon's price and it came home with me that day. I used to go to Fry's all the time when I lived close to one. In recent years though the stores have looked more like Big Lots than a tech store, it is kind of depressing to go into one now.

I think it is more than just Amazon though, computer games, music and videos took up a lot of shelf space and those have largely gone to a download / streaming model. They used to have racks of magazines, that is another market in decline.

I think tech is also hit much harder than others simply because people into the latest technology are probably well above the average when it comes to using the internet for shopping, and shopping online has become so easy, particularly for those of us outside of a major metro area.

The local Frys in Webster has been in similar shape for the past month. I can't believe that they open the doors in the morning. It's a shame, there is no place to buy electronic parts in the Houston area. :(

Be careful with that fire, my friends barely made it out alive (like in their pajamas with nothing but her purse) in the Sonoma fire. They lost their home, cats, and a huge shop with probably 2 dozen classic cars.

But they are alive :)

So Stay Safe

John

Ran into the same thing at the Sunnyvale Fry's this past weekend when I went looking for an RCA cable extension. 3/4 of the shelves were bare. Several areas had been rearranged and while bare it didn't seem like a store going out of business. Very odd.

Now the worst part is I also went to a Best Buy, a Central Computer and 3 car audio shops and no one had what I needed or even the parts to make up a cable.

I'd think that in the entire U.S., Sunnyvale is probably the best place for an electronic component outlet. If it's not doing well there, it doesn't bode well for anywhere else either.

Damn! Too close for comfort! Glad to hear you are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back