Now I went and did it. Let the fun begin!

I've been cleaning out a corner in the shop and working on a layout, it's going to be a little tight but I think it will work.

20210907_090535_copy_1134x2016.jpg

20210907_112515.jpg

Wow that is tight. Might want to remove the handle for the knee on the mill when you run the lathe. Otherwise you might get an unexpected prostate check.

My calculations may be off a bit. Playing with it some more in Fusion 360, I may have closer to 35". Still going to be tight, but I am going to try it before taking the drastic measure of moving all the other stuff on that wall.

I have the PM940M CNC + base, which looks smaller than your Mill, but which weight about the same. Mine maybe a little heavier with the CNC cabinet (~200#). Anway, I put my machine on wheels and when I get where I want it I block it off the wheels. My machine is also in a tight place in my basement. I have not regretted this as I have had to move it a couple of time and it is easy to lift and roll. My floor jack just slides under the stand so dealing with the blocks is easy. The table and stand I make flat, but I tilt the whole mill a bit so that the coolant will run to the collection tray corner and back down to the pump.

Thanks guys,

B2, I would like to see what you have did but since I don't have my lathe yet I don't know what kind of room I have in the rear panel. At this point I am planning an external cabinet to house the VFD and controls.

I have almost all of the materials figured except for a potentiometer and the cabling, some of that I can get locally.
Hi Tim,
I finally posted my VFD conversion with solid state control electronics rather than relays.
Per your request you will find it here.

Dave

So, Precision Matthews has no idea when they may get the 835s in stock.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 935TS 3PH. What are the advantages and extra cost of going with the 935TS 3PH vs the 935TV. I know there is a greater RPM range for one.

Currently the 935TS is $600 cheaper then the 935TV so that would offset some of the cost of having to buy an additional VFD and supplies.

Back