Oh Christmas time.. when people get impatient, and nasty.

Actually today is the perfect day to be disappointed.

Wife was watching Philly news (apparently this happened in Virginia) when I was getting coffee, a bunch of kids were eating gummy bears.... laced with fentanyl .. elementary school kids. 2 people were arrested for lacing the gummy bears.. One looked to be late 40s to mid 50s, one mid 40s.

Who does that, who laces the kids gummy bears with fentanyl, the kids were hospitalized, and survived..

Last edited:
Actually today is the perfect day to be disappointed.

Wife was watching Philly news when I was getting coffee, a bunch of kids were eating gummy bears.... laced with fentanyl .. elementary school kids. 2 people were arrested for lacing the gummy bears.. One looked to be late 40s to mid 50s, one mid 40s.

Who does that, who laces the kids gummy bears with fentanyl, the kids were hospitalized, and survived..
I'd agree that's despicable. There's good things happening too. Just that the news agencies don't seem to dwell on the good, only the bad. Maybe you need a vacation from the news to feel better. Also, in nearly a week, we will be at solstice and the days will get longer. Increasing daylight tends to lift people's moods.

Consider yourself lucky the inattentive driver wasn't behind the wheel of a Cybertruck!

@woodchucker I'm glad you didn't get seriously injured.

I guess to you and all that read this, stay on the positive side this Holiday season! The media loves to report all the bad stuff, but there is a LOT of good in the world, and a lot of people that want to be a part of a world where everyone acts at their best. It is very healing to us, if we genuinely wish the best for the people that don't live up to the ideal. In some cases, that is what they need as the antidote to their behavior that seems so bad.

yes, there are good people out there. Some great people. I don't expect the best. I certainly have my bad moments, and everyone makes mistakes as well, and many lose it occasionally...

I just don't like seeing so many bad actors. It's one thing to see it in the news.. it's another to see it in person.. I don't go out much, would rather hang out in my shop. When I do get out, I'd like it to be uneventful. I don't want to see ___________ (fill in the blanks)

yes, there are good people out there. Some great people. I don't expect the best. I certainly have my bad moments, and everyone makes mistakes as well, and many lose it occasionally...

I just don't like seeing so many bad actors. It's one thing to see it in the news.. it's another to see it in person.. I don't go out much, would rather hang out in my shop. When I do get out, I'd like it to be uneventful. I don't want to see ___________ (fill in the blanks)
I don't blame you. Been kind of limiting some of my holiday time of year excursions, simply due to the increased craziness of folks and the ridiculous traffic in the commercial areas. For some reason, it brings out more bad behavior than normal. People get awfully stressed this time of year, and they get wacky.

Hope you are mending ok.

ahhh but, 49% are above average intelligence.

Back