Oil can clone

Top notch craftsmanship , amazing attention to detail !!!!!!

William

Great job on the oil can Scott. Adam, I would keep it on a shelf also.

(Steve S)

Very nice job. May I ask where you got the pump and spout parts? I have a brass tube and would like to make a couple of my own.

Thank you,

Jim

I made all the pumping parts all work was done on the lathe except for the block made on the mill

I made all the pumping parts all work was done on the lathe except for the block made on the mill

Well. you sir are more talented than I ever hope to be! That pump and spout looks like it came ready made from some high end manufacturer. I don't think I have the imagination or skill to build those without some kind of drawing for help. Very nice job indeed.

Jim

thanks Jim don't give up you just do one step at a time it will all come together

beautiful work. i realize you dont have a drawing for the oil can, but would anyone have a rough sketch on how the internal pump parts work? or a link to one? even if its hand drawn on the back of a napkin might be enough for me to come up with something because i really like that can and would like to make something similar.

beautiful work. i realize you dont have a drawing for the oil can, but would anyone have a rough sketch on how the internal pump parts work? or a link to one? even if its hand drawn on the back of a napkin might be enough for me to come up with something because i really like that can and would like to make something similar.

^^This^^ I would also like to see anything, if nothing else just to be more able to wrap my head around what all went into it. As others have said, beautiful craftsmanship! Every time I see a project like this or the shop tooling or fixtures that Members have made from scratch, it just makes me proud to be reminded of what we can do when we put our minds to a task and tools in our hands.

Re: Oil can clone thank you

thank you
^^This^^ I would also like to see anything, if nothing else just to be more able to wrap my head around what all went into it. As others have said, beautiful craftsmanship! Every time I see a project like this or the shop tooling or fixtures that Members have made from scratch, it just makes me proud to be reminded of what we can do when we put our minds to a task and tools in our hands.

Back