Oil can clone

That thing looks awesome. I would love to see plans as well. I saw some videos from Abom79 and started to look at cans on ebay. My dad has some old oil cans that work great but they are not fancy. I was in orchard supply the other day and saw a cheap can. The pump didn't feel like it was worth a tenth of the $4 price of the oil can.

It looks like that was made from some large copper pipe, which is a great idea. Nice job, OP.

Outstanding workmanship, Scott. :thumbsup:

Even moreso, because you made it off the top of your head. It was also a very generous gesture and a nice way to show your appreciation for Adam's videos.

Cheers.... :)

Brian

Scott,

I know that you don't work from plans etc. but if you get some time, I'd love to see a sketch on the pump mechanism.

Mike

Gunrunner you need to order a set of these for the Z axis hand crank. Bill did you just spit coffee on your monitor? :rofl:

View attachment 253356

14%2B-%2B3.jpg

14%2B-%2B3.jpg

14%2B-%2B2.png

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I downloaded the plans and think I will try building a couple of these (Among the other half dozen projects I got going)

Mark Frazier

Glad you are interested. I can't wait to see more clones.
I have been asked to do one of these in Stainless for use with cooking oil! Hmmm...
R

Glad you are interested. I can't wait to see more clones.
I have been asked to do one of these in Stainless for use with cooking oil! Hmmm...
R

I priced copper and brass. WOW! Stainless looks like the way to go. I also am considering an all aluminum one. .....Man I'm cheap.....LOL :rofl:

Mark Frazier

Edit: can you solder or silver solder stainless?

Last edited by a moderator:
I priced copper and brass. WOW! Stainless looks like the way to go. I also am considering an all aluminum one. .....Man I'm cheap.....LOL :rofl:

Mark Frazier

Edit: can you solder or silver solder stainless?

Yes. For stainless, silver solder. I'm not sure about the proper flux. How would you do aluminum without soldering? Hard to TIG that seam at the base and it may leak.
R

Yes. For stainless, silver solder. I'm not sure about the proper flux. How would you do aluminum without soldering? Hard to TIG that seam at the base and it may leak.
R

I would thread both ends and screw the base and lid on.

Mark Frazier

I would thread both ends and screw the base and lid on.

Mark Frazier

Sounds like a good plan. Let me know you run into any issues or have some good design changes. I'm pretty set on doing one in stainless eventually.
R

Back