Ok, I give up. 7 start thread

Jim,

Did you have to model the threads in Fusion, or just put in the parameters?

I downloaded Fusion and don't see a way of doing a thread other than standard sizes.

Fusion only allows you to model standard threads using their thread tool, but you could hand draw the thread. But the model has nothing to do with the CAM threading setup.

You just put in the parameters in the CAM setup.

Time for a pun.
Need to rename this thread to 'As the Threads Turn'...

(i'll show myself the door...)

Ok, Hopefully the threads will turn :)

I've downloaded 360 am am trying to find everything. The cam function isn't obvious to me yet.

There is a learning curve with Fusion, or any program. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The CAM function is cleverly labeled Manufacturer. Hint: When starting the CAM process, do the New Setup first.

1604083665221.png

I haven't keep up with Fusion (hobbyist/personal) as of late, but looking through their FAQ it doesn't mention 'Turning'.
Is milling and turning the same thing now-a-days?

1604083805899.png

I haven't keep up with Fusion (hobbyist/personal) as of late, but looking through their FAQ it doesn't mention 'Turning'.
Is milling and turning the same thing now-a-days?

No they are different, but there is mill/turn when using live tooling. Not sure if Fusion supports that, but I think I saw some reference to that. I just hand write my code for milling/drilling operations using the live tooling because I don't have a C or Y axis on my lathe.

Thank you! Very hidden.

I feel the last two hours of my life has been wasted looking for it. My ears hurt from my headphones watching and listening to youtube vids on it.

I was beginning to wonder if my copy had lost that function.

Not sure if Fusion supports that, but I think I saw some reference to that.

Yes, F360 supports live tool mill-turn. These were done using F360 CAD and CAM on an Emco 325-II

Don't know if the new Hobby license rules cripple mill-turn, however (I'm on a Startup license).

20200829_152322.jpg

And Jim's right - F360 CAM threading doesn't require any threads on the model. You could model a cylinder and all the cutting variables are set in CAM. The threads in the screenshot below are not modeled - just there for reference.

Screenshot 2020-10-30 211738.jpg

I've almost got it figured out on Fusion.

I modeled a blank, but apparently I don't have the Z axis set correctly. The code comes out as threading in X axis. Haven't figured out how to rotate the part to Z axis.

screen.PNG

Back