Ok, lets face it... getting old sucks!

WOW - yet again. This morning I had just planned on answering Ted's suggestion. After posting my comment to Ted, I scrolled down to see so many comments and suggestions, which as yet, I have not read in detail. Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions, they have cheered me up no end. I will reply in more detail, hopefully to each one of you over the next few days. Thanks again to all of you.

WOW! I'm 78, & work in my shop every day, my health is good, I only take one scrip med for thyroid. I donate platelets every 3 weeks ( 23 gallons to date) and never been in the hospital except for day visits for testing. I am so very lucky. everyone in the neighborhood depends on me for repairs & I keep two lawn services running. I also take care of my 2 acres & three other lawns for widowed friends. I don't know what the secret is but I am so happy to be here. I do take a few Tylenol for arthritis in my wrist.

I don't know what the secret is but I am so happy to be here. I do take a few Tylenol for arthritis in my wrist.

My first guess.....you’ve got great genetics. In my opinion genetics plays a big roll.

even though I have been injured through bad behavior on my part.....I too am fortunate to have fairly good genetics. I say this because I’ve lost a few good friends....some by accidents....others environment ( asbestos working as longshoremen)...and others just because of genetics.

It’s all a crapshoot......enjoy the half full glass while we can.

I totally agree. Every morning I wake up I think to myself "One more day to be enjoyed". My father died at 54 of a heart attack and one brother passed away at 60.

My dad died at 42 yoa 52 years ago , my brother at 43 20 some years ago . I'm 61 now . My lifestyle isn't the healthiest by any means . My eyesight sucks and my bones hurt , but it does beat the alternative . :)

Here's a thought if you like working on a PC... download a copy of Fusion 360 and learn some CAD

Ted, after 3-days of trying trying to download the Fusion 360 programme and looking at three beginners YouTube videos I have managed to just get started this afternoon with following the first video. Many thanks for your suggestion.

For the eye sight magnification I ditched the old style hoodie visor ones and rolled my own.
Got the cheesy ones off of eBay that had a headband that didn't hold, but they do come with 4 or 5 lenses which are easily changed out as needs dictate.
Cut them up and mounted them to a decent ball cap. I keep one in the house and another in the shop.
They have worked out great and the FOV is much larger than with the hood kind.

...0603201145.jpg....0603201144a.jpg

I’m adopted, so I know little to none of the actual family medical history, so every day is a bonus at this point

Back